cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex TalkTalk Customer very disappointed by Plusnet

Grockle

Ex TalkTalk Customer very disappointed by Plusnet

Having been recommended by Which as a leading supplier of telephone and broadband Plusnet has been a real disappointment. On transfer from TalkTalk I had no telephone for up to a day and no broadband for two days. The Plusnet broadband speed is less than half that quoted (3.5 as opposed to 8 Mbps) and the internet connection drops three to four times a day. Support by Email is 24 hours and telephone support takes 20 minutes for a response. I now learn that Plusnet is part of BT which probably explains everything. And they have the audacity to ask me to recommend them!  I wish I had had gone to another provider.  Angry
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ex TalkTalk Customer very disappointed by Plusnet

Welcome to the forum Grockle.
How long have you been with Plusnet as you may still be in the speed training period?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Very sorry to hear the service isn't working as it should. Is the router plugged into the master phone socket, and if so does the connection still drop when all phones etc are unplugged from the line? If so it's almost certainly a line fault that we'll need to raise to our suppliers for investigation. I can see you've started to raise a fault, if you could go back to http://faults.plus.net and complete the questions that it asks it'll pass the ticket to our faults team who will get this investigated.
waynem
Grafter

I have to say that although the transfer of my services from talk talk  to Plusnet was not exactly smooth  ... i feel the customer service is way better with PN talk talk just werent interested  and i get Nearly double the speed i was getting with talk talk .
Hang in there mate PN will get it sorted
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

All transfers from TalkTalk whichever ISP you move to, seem to be full of problems - that's TalkTalk for you  Roll_eyes