Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much does it cost PlusNet (ISP's)

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How much does it cost PlusNet (ISP's)

We constantly read on the forums the difficulties customers have getting phone/broadband installed or fixed and the amount of time PlusNet agents have to spend trying to sort out these problems. Ii wonder what the yearly cost must be and is it not time ISPs and phone providers got together to put pressure on BT/Openreach to compensate for their mess? Any other company run the way BT is run would have gone broke long ago.
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: How much does it cost PlusNet (ISP's)

Personally I would have thought if Plusnet lost customers because of failings by 'their suppliers'  they would be looking to 'their suppliers' for loss of revenue compensation.
Unless of course it's factored into the pricing in which case their customers compensate them Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They must lose customers because some people blame PlusNet rather than BT. I think we have all seen it on here where people have got fed up and left thinking the grass will be greener with another ISP using the same BT network. The cost of providing agents to deal with these problems, some go on for months, must reflect on the cost to customers in the long run.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's about time users are compensated for missed appointments at the same rate as BT charge if there's no-one in when they call!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

How about this scenario.
A customer has a date for fibre install, he takes a day off work and BT don't turn up.
He gets an alternate date for the install, BT turn up but the customer has decided to go to work instead.
He gets a bill from BT which he refuses to pay saying "take me to court"....please.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At present the terms and conditions are that if BT fail no compensation offered and if BT attend but can't get in there is a fine. In law T&Cs can be overturned if they are deemed unfair and I'd love to see this one tested in court because I'm positive that BT would lose.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
emteec
Dabbler

I am surprised (well disappointed really) that ISPs appear to be completely at the mercy of BT Openreach.   
Does Openreach have any meaningful obligations to ISPs regarding line installs?
Is Plusnet able to say just how significant a problem delayed installs are?