cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is enough.....

MOGO
Grafter

Enough is enough.....

If I bought a car which said it could go up to 140mph and the I found it actually never went above 40mph no matter how hard I pressed the pedal I'd feel I had been sold a pup
and these days my Plusnet connection speed feels very much the same.
Connection speed makes browsing akin to wading through treacle - where do I obtain a MAC Code?
34 REPLIES 34
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Enough is enough.....

Hi MOGO,
Slow speeds are generally indicative of a fault somewhere, so the best thing to do is a few troubleshooting steps just to check to see that the problem wouldn't transfer with you to another ISP.
I don't suppose you could post up your router stats so we could take a look and advise further?
Also, doing a BT Speedtest would be a great help:  http://speedtester.bt.com
Cheers
B.
MOGO
Grafter

Thanks for the fast response but this is a recurring problem over the last two years and inertia has kept me with Plusnet but New Year and all that maybe time to finally make the break.
Previously when I have raised the issue/ticket shortly after my connection speed has increased only to drop off again after a couple of months and to be honest I have better things to do with my time (like surfing  ::))

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've taken a look at your account and gone as far back as I can i the ticket history to see how often these speed drops have been occuring for you and whether there was a common factor, however I can't see that you've raised a fault to us for investigation?
The info that Barry has asked for will be helpful and will allow us to start tracking down where any potential fault may lie.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well MOGO joined the Forum in 2007 and the majority of the postings are on the same theme, no time to read the threads, but taking the apparent problem to another ISP wont solve anything
MOGO
Grafter

Well this time next week will either prove you or me correct (switch over to BE)   Huh
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

MOGO,
Fair enough, don't you want to give us a chance to see if we can resolve this? I'm happy to take full ownership of the fault and do all I can to expedite it's resolution.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Sorry I have to say that the analogy is all wrong, we have a brand new car, it has 140mph on the speedo, it will never, ever get above 100, also the rules of the road also dictates it will never go above 70mph!
Up to speeds are that, up to, and fair enough there should be a base level to allow users to know what they will get at the bare minimum. You should know by now that ADSL is as such that it varies with anything from a bird landing on the wire, to cold wet weather, there are many many variables that can cause faults, drops, speed fluctuations etc.
The only way you'll ever get consistency is either with cable or fibre (which are actually the same thing, just BT & Virgin), ADSL is luck of draw, and giving enough time Wink Plusnet will solve the issues.
MOGO
Grafter

That's as maybe but if you found your car couldn't go faster than a push bike the analogy stands  Roll_eyes
MOGO
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
MOGO,
Fair enough, don't you want to give us a chance to see if we can resolve this? I'm happy to take full ownership of the fault and do all I can to expedite it's resolution.
Adam.

When you were good you were very good (pre BT days) but the spark is no longer there Grin
matt_2k34
Grafter

Actually, things improved when BT took ownership, for instance the scrapping of the bloody awful LLU scheme.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

My PN LLU connection was far more stable, much faster and did not suffer from DLM annoyances that my BT connection had. Yes, there were issues to start with but once resolved... it just worked! And when I was moved back to IPstream my speed dropped by half and I was banded within a day.
MOGO
Grafter

Quote from: MOGO
Well this time next week will either prove you or me correct (switch over to BE)   Huh
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Now with the new provider and hitting speeds up to 9MB and no new wiring or hardware just a different ISP  Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is a difference, if you went to BE you are probably on LLU which is a different animal
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We are all on LLU! The only difference is the equipment used and the company that runs it i.e. BE have their equipment, BT retail have theirs.