Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visits and Covid Incubation Notification

FIXED
NigelHS
Hooked

Engineer visits and Covid Incubation Notification

We had an engineer visit yesterday (22nd May 2020) - successful outcome. However, does PlusNet notify its customers if an engineer comes down with Covid-19?

In the world where track and trace is so important (and I have a Covid-vulnerable member of my family), it would be great to know that if engineers have fallen ill within, say, five days of a visit?

Any ideas on PlusNet policy? ID: 103697

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Engineer visits and Covid Incubation Notification

Plusnet don't send engineers, Openreach or their subcontractors do. It would be a breach of data protection for Openreach to disclose the health status of an employee to you (or even to Plusnet).

If track-and-trace happens, any notification would be through the NHS system and you wouldn't be told it was the Openreach person, just that someone within a certain time/distance of you had Covid.

NigelHS
Hooked

I get the point about data protection. 

I put the question because of the anxieties attached to allowing strangers into your home without any way of preparing or isolating oneself if our risk suddenly goes up (without us knowing).

I can only hope that firms whose personnel have to go into the private space of others will require those employees to install the much-vaunted App.

Thank you for your clear response.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Fix

@NigelHS 

If it helps here is info from Openreach about what they are doing during COVID-19 - https://www.openreach.com/covid-19-coronavirus

Kind Regards,

CJT