cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer unaware he was late!!!

ignoredcustomer

Engineer unaware he was late!!!

C'mon Plusnet sort your stuff out this is getting embarassing.  One of your engineers rang me 18 hours later than the last hour my issue was meant to be sorted only to find out from me that he was so late. His reply was '' what? i'm a day late?'' incredible! Since then the problem is intermittent and i have had no reply......... waiting time to chat to someone 60 minutes.  Angry JOKE!!!
11 REPLIES 11
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Engineer unaware he was late!!!

Is this a BT Openreach engineer or a call back from Plusnet Head Office ?
ignoredcustomer

I guess he is a BT Openreach engineer.
picbits
Rising Star

From what I've read, Plusnet (and even BT Retail themselves) have no control over the BT Openreach engineers.
I'm sure one of their care team will pick this up for you tomorrow - they don't man the forum at the weekends.
Maybe some more info on your issues may help ?
ignoredcustomer

A couple of times over the last two weeks the connection has been dropping and was detected by customer services at plusnet and i was told it would be sorted between 24 and 72 hours........ when i enquired as to why no one has been in touch after the 72 hours had elapsed they said it would be repaired by 9pm the next day. I asked what would happen if it wasn't and i was told ''if that was the case then it would probably be an underground issue which would mean more investigation and a longer waiting time''. Well the engineer rang me up a day later and asked if i lived at a different address to the one i live at???? eventually he managed to fix the issue (to a point) don't know what he did though. He said it was a problem outside and also there must be a problem with one of my sockets. A light flashes on and off when it drops. There's no certain time when it drops. Thanks for your interest and excuse my rant lol. Undecided
jim:quote
picbits
Rising Star

No problem - sometimes it's good to get it off your chest.
Plusnet although they are owned overall by BT are run as a separate company and have no control over the BT Openreach engineers other than being able to book them for a customer really. This is the same as any other ISP who rely on BT to provide their backbone.
Fingers crossed one of the digital care team will give you a better explanation as to what has happened when they are in the office tomorrow. Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Taking a look now, I'll be honest, I'm a bit confused as to what's going on so am trying to get to the bottom of it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, this is what we've figured out.
You reported a broadband fault to us, we tested the line and found a potential phone line issue. We raised the phone line fault to our suppliers to be fixed and gave you the estimated time of repair that we get back.
The fault was assigned out to an engineer as it seemed to be located external to your premises, so no appointment was required. The message we received was CE (Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required))
That was the last point we touched the fault, since then we've simply replied to you on Friday advising that the engineer cleared a fault from the line and that we'd be refunding your downtime (this has already been requested but as it's direct debit can take 14 days to clear back to you).
So at no point did we request an engineer visit your premises, although it's not entirely unheard of that the engineer fixing the external fault will do so.
Are you still seeing problems as from here we're still noticing quite a few disconnections on your line, however you've closed the fault ticket off so would need a new one opening for us to dig further.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ignoredcustomer

That is correct no appointment would not be necessary if the fault was deemed to be an outside issue , however i was told that it would be sorted between 24 and 72 hours and the day after i rang plusnet to say nothing has happened only to be told it should be sorted out by 9pm the next day ...... which it wasn't and the day after an engineer rang me asking me where i lived? I told him and he asked me if i was at home so he could check the internal socket, and was surprised and unhappy in knowing that he was a day late. He somehow fixed the problem and we had internet albeit intermittent for two days. Problem has returned with no internet connection. Appalling to say the least.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry about that, but as you can see from what Chris has posted above we went on the information we got from our suppliers, who then did very different things to what they informed us. I'm sorry about that. If the fault's come back (or it's a different fault) please raise it to us again via http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it looked into for you - sorry to have to ask you to do that again though.
ignoredcustomer

I have completely given up in hope that plusnet will do anything for me. I am at my wits ends and i haven't received a phone call from anyone so i'm at the mercy of the very long winded bad service that YOU might feel is ok......... it's not ok and i will not let this go. I'm sure Andy Baker your new CEO will be interested in the inept response , almost robotic. Despite the seemingly soft and delicate replies from you i still have had no contact. I am not prepared to ring plusnet and wait for an hour to speak to someone who goes through a dummy board of questions. Very annoyed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, sorry you feel that way, though I was specifically offering a way of raising a fault that wouldn't have needed a call. I can see you've raised another fault though and our team have already picked this up and escalated it to our suppliers - it's got an estimated repair date of the 17th December at the moment though we do hope it's fixed and working before then.