Did you mean: 

Engineer running late or not arrived?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Engineer running late or not arrived?

Hi all,
I just wanted to state that if you are expecting an engineer to arrive to either install or work on a fault with your service and they either haven't arrived during the booked timeslot or if it's getting towards the end of the booked slot and you're worried they might not arrive, please be aware that we need to allow 2 hours after the end of the slot before we are able to chase this up with our suppliers.
For example if it's an AM slot (08:00 to 13:00) we'd need to wait until at least 15:00 and for a PM slot (13:00 to 18:00) at least 20:00.
As long as we're alerted to these issues we'll do our utmost to chase up any such happenings as soon as we're able to after those times.
Thanks for reading.
Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
6 REPLIES 6
soccerman1

Re: Engineer running late or not arrived?

I waited in all day for a fibre install from openreach and no show i want to know if i can cancel my order as i feel my contract with plusnet was broken.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that though it looks like the order's been completed on our supplier's systems - is everything working now?
ClaretMatt
Grafter

BTO should be made to pay compensation when they can't be bothered to turn up.  I'm pretty sure if you filed a claim in the small claims court against them for your expenses they wouldn't be able to defend it.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
Thread locked as it is for information only.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I made it clear from the outset that should an engineer fail to turn up as arranged I would invoice them for £50 as presumably, I would be charged if the engineer called as arranged and I was not home?

Similar situation years ago with my bank and it's extortionate charge for writing a letter to me. I wrote and advised them that I would do exactly the same in return. No more charges after that!  

Whether BT or the bank actually pay is of course another matter as I would not have had them by the sort and curlies!

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

Thread relocked as it's still for information only.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine