cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer not turned up again!

IDC1954

Engineer not turned up again!

Have just waited in all morning for the second time for a BT engineer to arrive.  Another no show Angry  We are still not getting superfast after supposedly going live on 2nd December despite numerous phone calls to Plusnet. Am seriously  considering cancelling the whole thing - phone line and broadband!  Sad
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Engineer not turned up again!

I'm really sorry to hear that the engineer didn't arrive when scheduled.
Notes are showing that some engineering work took place so we're also unhappy that the engineer didn't contact you.
I'd like to take ownership of getting another visit arranged for you (slots are available starting tomorrow).
I've just tried giving you a call but feel free to reply back here or PM me and I'll pick this up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
IDC1954

I had a call from the engineer 30 minutes after the latest time he was scheduled to say he was stuck in traffic - Why did he not phone sooner? I had already left for work so had to turn around and go back. Angry 
He fixed a few problems but unfortunately the fastest we can expect on Superfast  is 11MG  due to copperwire and distance from fibre cable.  Sad 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

How far is your home from the green cabinet?
How far is the green cabinet from the exchange?
Recently there has been discussion around here about the constraints on FTTC speeds where the cabinet is a long distance from the exchange.  This is due to the ADSL service signals being very weak in such circumstances, requiring the VDSL signal levels to be reduced between the FTTC cabinet and the home, with the consequence of slow fibre service.
You might simply be a victim of geography and physics!  Sad
A warm belated welcome to be forums.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.