cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

karen185

Engineer no show

I have had to turn down work (self employed) today to be available between 1 and 6 but no one has arrived, and rather cunningly as the end time of the "appointment" is after the 5.30 cut-off for speaking to customer services I can't find out why or what next. All it would have taken was an up-date to say sorry, we can't make it today, and I would have felt less aggrieved, but nothing. If I had broken the appointment by being out when the engineer arrived I expect that I would have been charged rather a lot of money for the pleasure.
It's not a shining example of good customer service (poor communication within the company and with me is the reason I have just changed supplier). #disappointed
41 REPLIES 41
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer no show

You should find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RobS2
Grafter

Must be a bad BT day - I had the same thing this morning.
karen185

Thanks spoon whittler, very useful, especially if I have to wait in again Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that the engineer didn't turn up. I have to admit that it was down to advisor error on this occasion.
We must allow the losing supplier two weeks in order to take over the service, more accurately, 10 working days. What wasn't taken into account, was that there was a Bank Holiday, meaning that we asked for the service too early. As a result of this, the fibre order was rejected.
Your phone order is still progressing fine, but I have purposely delayed it so that you don't lose broadband from your existing provider that serves you over a different network. I will send you a ticket correspondence shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
RobS2
Grafter

My engineer didn't turn up because OpenReach were too busy. 
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Rob - Looks like your issue is regarding a fault, where we have rebooked for you. We're keeping eyes out for you.
karen185

Just had an email giving a new appointment for 23/9/2015 but I have regular work that day that I can't take time from. Please could you re-book avoiding Tuesday and Wednesday as they are not possible for me. Thanks.
karen185

Just had 2 messages saying my appointment has been changed to 7th September 1-6pm..... my original appointment, yesterday!
Why do I need an engineer anyway? I already connected my fibre router from my my current supplier, why does someone need access to my home to connect another one? Confused.....
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, I have contacted our suppliers over this issue.
In essence, I have gotten them to convert the order into a self install. I note that you have fibre in your property already, and I don't really want us to take any more time out of your schedule. It's all booked in for the 22nd, however we shouldn't need an appointment. I'm really sorry that this wasn't the initial practice, though hope that this will be resolution.
Matty
karen185

I cancelled the transfer on 10/9 because of the  above miscommunication etc and recieved a confirmation email. Despite this the fibre service was moved 22/9 resulting in a 10 day loss of internet and hours spent on the phone with TalkTalk trying to troubleshoot the problem. As I had no internet I did not immediately get the email from you saying my new service was live. 2 engineers visits and over £10 worth of calls to you plus the initial lost working day which you admit and have demonstrated was not necessary, and I am considerably out of pocket. To add insult to injury I had an email about my contact (ref 111255987) saying I should log in to the website if it remained unresolved; as I am no longer a customer my log in to the main site is not valid, yet I apparently need to log in to make a formal complaint.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not necessary to log in Karen. Smiley

"By letter
If you prefer, you can make a complaint by writing to the address below. Make sure you include the account username, postcode and telephone number of the service you're complaining about.
Once we receive your letter we will respond within 10 working days. If you need a quicker response, please use one of the other methods mentioned above.
Plusnet plc
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU"
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've just submitted UKTUG's response to Ofcom on the Digital Future. I was able to work in OpenReach's notoriety for "Engineer No Shows" to consumers as an example of why OpenReach should be moved away from BT's direct control.  Sadly PlusNet seem to take little executive action regarding OpenReach's poor performance.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Sadly PlusNet seem to take little executive action regarding OpenReach's poor performance.
Unfortunately this is the way all ISP's that are supplied by Openreach are, Openreach are the way they are because the ISP's wont do a damned thing about it.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
I was able to work in OpenReach's notoriety for "Engineer No Shows" to consumers as an example of why OpenReach should be moved away from BT's direct control.

Do you have statistics of this 'notoriety'? I would assume you dispute OR's own figures?