cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer never arrived and lied.

dan295

Engineer never arrived and lied.

Plusnet,
May I start by complimenting your phone operators for the fantastic service they provide, everytime I have had an issue they have been able to point me in the correct direction and sort out any problems in a friendly and hard working manner, good job to them!
I am writting today to complain about the service I have received over the last few months, I am on the unlimited fibre optic broadband package.  Initially the service was amazing, fast and able to handle the usage I require.  Over time the service has dropped, I am receiving good speeds but the internet often drops 20 - 30 times a day (often with large periods of being unable to access the internet).
An Engineer was scheduled to visit yesterday between the hours of 1 - 6pm to sort this problem out.  The Engineer arrived at 10:30am and I was not at home (as they arrived outside of the scheduled time).  Plusnet informed me the engineer was scheduled to return between 1 - 6pm but the Engineer never arrived.
The Engineers have informed plusnet they did arrive, at 3pm.  This statement is false.  If the Engineers had arrived, they did not phone my mobile or my landline, they did not leave a message on either phone (like they did when they arrived at 10:30), and they did not ring the doorbell, no calling was left (as per the Engineers guidelines, advised by phone operators from Plusnet).  The only evidence they can provide that they arrived is the statement "Your front door is white".  This information could have been obtained when they arrived at 10.30am.  I work as an Auditor, this involves providing assurance over the truth and fairness of accounts, this is performed through corroborating evidence.  This is not enough evidence to prove they were at my property at 3pm.
As per the UK trading standards, The company promised to deliver a service (a contract) at a specific time and date.  The company has failed to provide this service (breach of contract) and as such I am now entitled to a consequential loss.  This consequential loss should cover the time I have taken off work (between the hours of 1 - 6).
Please could you inform me of how we are going to take this matter further? I am prepared to accept compensation for this inconvenience.  I do not wish for this matter to cloud my judgement of Plusnet as generally you provide a good service for a reasonable price but I feel if this matter is not resolved, I will be taking my custom elsewhere.
Thank you for your time.
Dan Smith
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer never arrived and lied.

Dan, You can't claim for the time you have taken off for the missed appointment as you would have taken that time off anyway. However you can claim if you have to take further time off for the rearranged appointment. Plusnet could mitigate that by for example arranging for an appointment very early or late in the day or on a Saturday.
You may find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dan295

Hi Jelv,
Thank you.  I will be taking time off work to meet them the next time they come out.  I have spoken to Plusnet who advise Engineers are not available on a Satuarday or a Sunday.
I would gladly accept a call out on the weekend and would be happy with this conclusion.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: dan295
I have spoken to Plusnet who advise Engineers are not available on a Satuarday or a Sunday.

It was my understanding that appointments for Saturdays could be made - but you would probably be waiting until some time in 2014 for one.
All4One
Grafter

Even taking your service elsewhere wouldn't help if it's BT network as it's the same OR engineers. I'm sure Plusnet are doing all their best for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just because they are a monopoly we have to put up with all the <expletive deleted>?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@dan295
I'm really sorry about this, Regarding where we can take this further, I'll be passing on some feedback to our suppliers about what's happened. With regards to the next appointment I can try and arrange a Saturday appointment for you. In case you're wondering we don't openly offer these as they aren't always available but if it avoids any further inconvenience for yourself I can give that a try for you.
As soon as we've got you connected I'll also make sure you're given an appropriate gesture of good will too.
Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll see that through for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team