cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need a mobile site for your broadband troubleshooter

cpr1

You need a mobile site for your broadband troubleshooter

I recently got broadband from Plusnet set up in my new house and to start with the connection was dropping every couple of minutes. Obviously I had no internet access via a laptop / desktop to report the problem, so I had to resort to using the online troubleshooter via my mobile phone. I did try phoning the support line but there was a queue of 40 mins.
I did manage to report the problem using the online troubleshooter on my phone, but it was very slow and fiddly. I see you have mobile versions of your website pages on the sales side of things, eg. http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/, so why not in the situation where your customers are very very likely to be wanting to access your site with a mobile? It should be pretty easy to optimise these pages for mobile - they are simply a series of questions and answers after all.
You would probably find it would massively reduce the volume of calls to your call centre.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: You need a mobile site for your broadband troubleshooter

Hi cpr1.
Welcome to the community forum and thanks a lot for your comments on this.
I don't believe we have any plans for this at the moment but I do agree that making it easier for our customers to raise faults using a mobile could hold benefits for both us and our customers.
I've passed the feedback on to the relevant team regarding this and I'll let you know if I'm able to return any comments about that for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cpr1

thanks Adam  Smiley
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Quote from: cpr1
I did manage to report the problem using the online troubleshooter on my phone, but it was very slow and fiddly.

Hi cpr1
Most smart phones have the facility to create a portable WifI Hotspot.
If you have a laptop or PC with WiFi you can link to the phone via WiFi & use a normal browser to acces the PN faults page over the mobile phone. This is called tethering.
Most phone tariffs/contracts do not allow tethering (three one plan excepted) but it usually works in an emergency  Wink
The other option is to use a USB dongle, or a MiFi with a mobile data SIM card.
I use SambaMobile (runs on the three network) as it is cheap and can be topped up at no cost by "watching" adverts on line, when the home broadband is sorted.
Richard
All4One
Grafter

And not a lot of peeople know about tethering but it is truely wonderful and can really help sometimes!