Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer has not turned up...

Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Engineer has not turned up...

Engineer was supposed to come today between 8am and 1pm, and has not turned up. No calls either.
Not looking good. Apparently, Plusnet can't chase BT before 2 hours after the time slot, but I just fear that, by 3pm, it will be too late to do something about it.
Let's hope I didn't take a day off for no reasons!
Funny thing is that BT called me at 1pm to try to sell me BT infinity. Perfect timing, as always with BT...
Seb
14 REPLIES 14
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Re: Engineer has not turned up...

Well, it's almost 3pm now, still no engineer.
I can only assume that the job was not scheduled at all, as opposed to an engineer running more than 2 hours behind schedule on his day (I guess he would call in that case).
As my order was placed by error on 40/10 as opposed to 80/20, I am not sure I can trust Plusnet systems either...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sebtomato,
Apologies that no engineer has been, I've checked with our suppliers and it looks like they have assigned this to the wrong address. Really sorry about this, I am currently in-touch with them to arrange this to be expedited and get your fibre installed ASAP.
Chris
Sebtomato
Rising Star

OK, thanks for the reply.
Here is a summary of my experience so far with Plusnet:
* I place an order online. Expected speed shows as 60/20. Receive a confirmation email showing "maximum 40 mbps". I am first told this is just a display bug on the email, but then I am told I was put on the wrong package...
* Cashback does not track at all from TCB
* BT engineer does not turn up, and the excuse is "wrong address was assigned"?
* Call support and after 25 minutes of talks (and telling me that a new appointment has been made in 18 days), the call just stops, and someone asks for my postcode again...
I am sorry, but I can only assume that Plusnet sends electronically my address to OpenReach. I can't really imagine someone reading my address on a phone call and therefore making a mistake. My postcode itself is sufficient to get to my building (and only my building), and of course BT also has my phone number (linked to my correct address), so this just looks like an excuse.
Not the best experience so far, and I think it's not just BT's fault...
If this can't be installed for another 18 days, I will not take the risk of my current broadband stopping and being without internet access (due to be stopped on the 22nd)
Basically, if this can't be resolved quickly (and without me taking another day off), I will probably cancel the order, and ask for a full refund (plus of course compensation for the time wasted and missed appointment)...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Sebtomato
* I place an order online. Expected speed shows as 60/20. Receive a confirmation email showing "maximum 40 mbps". I am first told this is just a display bug on the email, but then I am told I was put on the wrong package...

This was a provisioning issues we developed as part of the release of our new products which has now been fixed.
* Call support and after 25 minutes of talks (and telling me that a new appointment has been made in 18 days), the call just stops, and someone asks for my postcode again...

Apologies for the call wait, it has been quite a busy day today. Sound like you got transferred to another department.
I am sorry, but I can only assume that Plusnet sends electronically my address to OpenReach. I can't really imagine someone reading my address on a phone call and therefore making a mistake. My postcode itself is sufficient to get to my building (and only my building), and of course BT also has my phone number (linked to my correct address), so this just looks like an excuse.

We do send this electronically but BTw have assigned it to the wrong address which they have confirmed to me today.
Not the best experience so far, and I think it's not just BT's fault...

I agree and we're doing everything we can to put this right, I know you've pointed out the things above but had today gone ahead you would have still had services today, and I'll make sure you get them at the next available date.
If this can't be installed for another 18 days, I will not take the risk of my current broadband stopping and being without internet access (due to be stopped on the 22nd)
Basically, if this can't be resolved quickly (and without me taking another day off), I will probably cancel the order, and ask for a full refund (plus of course compensation for the time wasted and missed appointment)...

It will not be another 18 days as BTw have agreed to expedite this, we are just waiting for the new appointment date(18th Feb) to be confirmed and this will be brought forward to what should be a few days maximum. We'll be able to get the new date either later today or first thing in the morning.

We'll keep you updated and push on with a new date as fast as we can. Apologies again about this.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Quote from: chrispurvey
We'll be able to get the new date either later today or first thing in the morning.

Hi,
I haven't heard anything from Plusnet about a new date. Should I call the helpline or wait to be contacted?
Thanks,
Seb
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Apologies for the wait, our suppliers took a while in giving us a new date. They have been able to give the 7th February 8am-1pm but I am pushing for an earlier date. I'll try me utmost to do this and I'll let you know.
Chris
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Thanks.
The only dates I can do next week would be Monday 4th February (pm) or Thursday 7th February (am). Otherwise, tomorrow morning (Saturday).
Seb
Sebtomato
Rising Star

I see on the member centre support tickets that an expedited installation has been requested internally for Monday or next Thursday.
Called yesterday (Saturday) Plusnet to confirm which dates it would be, and none have been confirmed so far. Official new installation date is still the 18th Feb (so 18 days after the first attempt).
To plan ahead for my week and time off I might need to take, it would be good to get some confirmation from Plusnet on when the second installation attempt would take place, with a little bit of notice...
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

BT don't work weekends so there is no way PN will be able to give you an update until Monday. If you read through this forum you'll see that BT continue to be a complete pain in the a*** because of missed appointments. They then make it worse by refusing to escalate that appointment.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

When I called Plusnet yesterday, the person said that I might still receive a confirmation for an expedited appointment happening on Monday.
If they know BT Openreach does not work during week-ends and therefore would not confirm an appointment until Monday at the earliest, why don't they just say so!
keith4x4
Grafter

Just when I thought I was going to make some headway into a very long term problem
I have just had my 3rd no show for a BT REIN trained engineer.
All appointments were for Saturday afternoons at 16:00.
The closest I have got to a visit is an openretch (deliberate) van drove past at 15:15
I think it’s about time some serious @r5e kicking was done By very senior PN management to BT. They all work for the same paymaster so now its time to actually earn their salary!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Sebtomato
I've asked Chris to have a look into that again so he'll get back to you ASAP.
@keith4x4
I'm really sorry to hear about this, I'm going to have a look into that now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Sebtomato
We tried to get the order confirmation on Friday, I managed to get the 7th confirmed but unfortunately could not get today. It's all booked in for the 7th 8am-1pm.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Thanks for the confirmation, Chris.
Looking forward to Thursday and to BT Openreach turning up (at the right address) this time!