cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer failed to attend on 2 consecutive occasions

jebryan

Engineer failed to attend on 2 consecutive occasions

I have had very low broadband speed issues (~ 0.6 Mbit/s) for many weeks. I had an AM appointment booked on 13th July for an engineer to attend to look into the issue. No one attended all day and I received no communication from either BT or Plusnet.
The same has occurred today (24rd July). An engineer was booked for AM slot but no one attended. No communications from BT or Plusnet until I contacted them in the afternoon.
I have received no explanation as to why these appointments were broken and only a very grudging apology from Plusnet staff when pushed hard late today.
It is extremely difficult to find the time off work to be in for these visits, which I understand are necessary to diagnose difficult faults. Why is it deemed acceptable for BT/PN to simply respond with "we will have to book another day/time"?
3 REPLIES 3
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Engineer failed to attend on 2 consecutive occasions

These type of posts are now an almost daily occurence. It makes uncomfortable reading when there is no reason available.
There is something seriously wrong with the current appointments system.
Taking valuable days off for a no show would have me fuming.
Let's be careful out there !
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

To be honest we don't see many appointments missed for repair, it's generally provision where we see the majority of these.
The notes we received were:
due to lack of resources in area openreach have tried to contact the customer once
The fault is with one of the faults team to rebook as soon as they are able to, really sorry for the problems you've had here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I hope you are sharing some of the compensation you get from OpenReach for the no show with the user!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)