cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer No Show

ArthurPounder

Engineer No Show

I had an engineer booked today for between 1pm and 6pm and got a no-show. Not a promising start.
Do I just wait in until one turns up? Or is that unlikely?
3 REPLIES 3
ArthurPounder

Re: Engineer No Show

Zippy response from this team of clowns.
After an hour or so wait, got told that the order didn't even go through.
They just tried to sell me low rent ADSL as there was no fibre available. Possibly they should have checked this before scamming my credit card.
What a shower, I left BT years ago due to this type of garbage service.
Off for a two hour queue to cancel.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry to see there's a lack of fibre availability. I do appreciate it doesn't look good after we've accepted payment for such and placed an order for you, however this can unfortunately happen.
The reason we offered ADSL is to make sure you have a connection in the interim before looking to upgrade you to fibre at a later date when available.
Let us know if you want us to go ahead with that and I'll make sure we get that picked up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ArthurPounder

I've already cancelled as the queue was surprisingly quick at 30 mins wait. I've left perfectly good ADSL to now having nothing.
It feels scammy to take my money for fibre, then say its not available and then say you might as well have our ADSL whilst you wait. There was also an internal message accidentally in my inbox about a possible cabinet problem, and that was back in October.
I'm used to disappointment with UK ISPs as I've had BT and TalkTalk and this has been pretty much in the same vein.
adie:quote