cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer - No Show

nickstan

Engineer - No Show

Booked for a fibre internet install which was due to take place today. I recieved a text and an automated call a few days ago confirming this would take place between 8am and 1pm. At 1pm I gave Plusnet a call, only to find out they'd got it wrong and the engineer was actually coming between 1pm and 6pm. Whilst I was on the phone them, BT Openreach called to let me know there were "No engineers in the area" and they wouldn't be coming at all.
So, my partners spent most the day stuck sat at home using a day's holiday waiting for a no show and I have no idea if and when they're coming to do the install. Really, really shoddy.
13 REPLIES 13
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer - No Show

You may find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Nick,
Welcome to the forums - sorry to learn of your experience of shoddy BTOR performance.  You might also care to write to Andy Baker (CEO PlusNet) asking him what is he doing with his peer BT managers to achieve a better deal from BTOR for his customers.  BTOR no shows are legion and sadly no ISP appears to be using their only course of action - making formal complaints to Ofcom.
Hopefully PlusNet might be able to get BTOR to cough up an expedited installation at BTOR's own cost.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi nickstan,
I'm really sorry about this. We should be able to get a new appointment arranged for you within the next 24 hours.
I'll ensure some feedback is passed on to the agents that placed the order advising that much more care needs to be taken when setting such expectations with customers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nickstan

Unfortunately (for us) this saga is still ongoing. After missing the first install, BT Openreach came out today and... installed a phone line. Point blank refused to do the fibre install as it wasn't on the work order. So, I now have a phone line (which we don't use) and no internet or indeed any idea if and when we'll be getting it.
Apparently BT Openreach will now have to come back again and access the property to install the fibre. The problem now is we've just moved house, used an extra 2 days holiday to get the internet sorted and we don't have any holiday days left until the middle of this year.
The manager at Plusnet I spoke to was pretty unappreciative of this fact and couldn't grasp the fact I don't have family and friends I can come have sit in my house to wait. He's going to see if BT can do a weekend install (although I suspect this was more to get me off the phone). He did kindly offer to let me cancel out of my contract for the bargain price of £250.
So, another day wasted, a load of phone calls to Plusnet made, no calls returned (as they promised), no internet and no resolution in site.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If you have to take a day's unpaid leave you can claim the cost from Plusnet - did you read the link I gave in the first reply?
nickstan

Thanks Jelv,
I'll check it out and try and pursue that route.
Nick
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'd suggest telling them up front that is what you will be doing - if they book a weekday appointment that will be their acceptance that you will be claiming. It might make them try harder for a weekend appointment!
nickstan

Another fun day with Plusnet... They sent me a text this morning asking me to call up to arrange the install. I did this and nobody had a clue what it was about Sad Daniel promised me a call back by 3:30, guess what, no call. I called up again, same story and promised a call back within 30 minutes (by 4:30). It came and went, no call. Called them again now and apparently the install is booked in for Monday morning AM (Thanks for letting me know guys!). They've also ordered the wrong product (Unlimited Fibre instead of Unlimited Fibre Extra). I've managed to book an unpaid day off work and fully intend to pursue a 'Consequential Loss' claim. Honestly, I'll be amazed if this all comes off on Monday...
I set out thinking BTOR where the bad party in this, but honestly Plusnet, you've been truly truly terrible and you should be ashamed at how you've handled this.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm really sorry to learn of the problems you've had, particularly the lack of call backs as this is something we have direct control over. I note that their is a ticket on your account for investigation to be carried out. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: plusnettony
I note that their (sic) is a ticket on your account...

Hi Tony,
linky?  Wink
How is your discussion on sorting a link to EXISTING tickets progressing please?  It is rather futile telling users "there is a ticket open" if there is not easy way to access them.
@NickStan,
There is a link to the Help Assistant (ticket system) in my sig.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nickstan

Well.... BT were due to come out this morning between 8AM and 1PM to finish the install. Guess what? No show again. I've now had 3 (yes 3!) days off for work and I'm now having to book a fourth for tomorrow. Apparently this time Pluset gave me the install time for today, but the actual engineer / appointment was never properly booked with BT. How do you people actually have any customers! This is truly truly beyond a joke. Worst experience I've ever had with a company second to none.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear the engineer didn't show up again.  Sad
I can see we've rebooked it for tomorrow morning.
Once we've got this sorted out we'll sort something out for you in terms of compensation.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nickstan

After yesterday's disappointment (again), I booked a new appointment for this morning (Between 8AM and 1PM). Would you believe.... they haven't shown up. So that's 3 missed appointments and 1 half a job so far. I've been untangling this one and apparently 15 minutes after Plusnet booked the appointment with BTOR yesterday, BTOR then changed it to a PM slot. Did anyone tell me this? No. When I rang up this morning to check with Plusnet that everything was still fine did they tell me this? No, they confirmed they would be there before 1PM. The agent I spoke to at around 1:15PM managed to discover this however, seemingly by actually looking at the account.  So maybe BTOR will be turning up at my now empty house at some stage this afternoon, who knows. I don't know whether to laugh or cry...