Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email service

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Email service

I've just about had enough of this. Since the Iron Port servers came on line I've lost outgoing emails. I've lost incoming emails, I know that email sent to JTN domains (and forwarded out to other ISPs) have gone missing totally and I've have emails get "stuck" at the incoming JTN servers for several hours.
Before the IronPort system came on line we did have a few problems but it was not like this.
I raised a ticket (28225211) about the delays and I'm not impressed with the "Official" answer from PlusNet:
"I have looked through the mail headers and I can't see any real problems. But there does appear to be a short delay at the Yahoo end before they are sent. E-mails can take up to 48 hours to be delivered and as such E-mail is not a guaranteed service."
When I pointed out that these problems had really come to the fore since Iron Port I got the following response:
"This issue that you have experienced is one that all internet users will experience over time and can take place even if there is no filtering in place."
So is that the Official PN response? "Look email isn't guaranteed, stuff gets delayed, tough luck, live with it"
I know I have LOST emails, some of those are related to job applications. One of the companies ONLY use email to do their job application process and if I miss an email then thats my job application process finished.
So do I have to look at abandoning Plusnet's email service? Or are Plusnet actually going to do something about it rather than basically telling us to stop expecting something as fundamental as email to actually work?
1 REPLY 1
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Email service

Given that Bob Pullen says that they looked into the problems that I was reporting and found that there were configuration issues which they now hope have been resolved it would be good to be assured by people like Bob and James and Mandy that in future when customers report problems they are not just brushed off with the sort of response I got. Yes email can suffer from delays but to be told that I should just live with it and accept it, when there really WAS a problem with the system, is not really what I expect from an ISP.
I appreciate that often CSC will get tickets from people who are not as technically minded as some of us, but if I'd not kicked up fuss here would this problem have ever been looked into properly?