cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

community
Grafter

Webmail

Why is it that when I want to get to my Plusnet emails , the wait takes at least 60 seconds EVERY TIME for them to appear and in certain cases twice as long?  Angry
The notice "waiting for webmail.plus.net" comes up immediately but the wait is soul destroying!
I also have another mail server which has a facility to get "external webmail"....when I click on that facility, I get my plusnet mail IMMEDIATELY!  Sad

13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re: Webmail

Hi there,
I'm really not sure why you're seeing such a poor performance when trying to load http://webmail.plus.net
I just tried for myself and both the login page and the emails themselves loaded within a second.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have to agree with James.  Just tested from work - not a very fast connection - and had no problems? Smiley
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

mine just took 6 seconds Cool
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Same here, I'm tunnelling from a remote PC to home and loaded in 9 seconds..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
community
Grafter

I appreciate your telling me of your good fortune....but that doesn't help me at all! Angry
Where are the Plusnet people when you want them?
Can I have a friendly suggestion?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How much disk space is your webmail taking up - i.e. total number of emails and attachments
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Where are the Plusnet people when you want them?

Jameseh replied earlier on I believe and couldn't replicate the issues.
When I log in to webmail it takes around 30 seconds, but then I do have a huge amount of email stored on there which would be why it's happening to me.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
community
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
How much disk space is your webmail taking up - i.e. total number of emails and attachments

I store a lot of emails for ease of reference to  replies etc...... but why should that have any effect on receiving more emails?
Do you have a reason?
cheers
community
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Jameseh replied earlier on I believe and couldn't replicate the issues.

Yes, I read James' reply but it wasn't helpful was it?  Sad
It reminds me of going to the doctors with a complaint and he only agreeing that you have a problem!  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the server is not a good place to store e-mails, I think that PN have a limit and also you reach a point where normal web mail cannot open the folder, you have to go to a program like Thunderbird and IMAP then.
Also some people in the past year have seen there server folders purged
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@community, I've just sent you a PM.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

community
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
the server is not a good place to store e-mails, I think that PN have a limit and also you reach a point where normal web mail cannot open the folder, you have to go to a program like Thunderbird and IMAP then.

Thanks for your input pierre.
To test the theory of "overloading the server", I have just got rid of most of my email copies and some folders.
But I have found NO IMPROVEMENT to the squirrelmail speed.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@pierre
I think you may misunderstand things here. If you use IMAP the e-mails are stored on the server!
For everyone elses benefit, I also have experienced occasional pregnant pauses accessing Webmail, along with other parts of PN's sites, POPing mail etc. along with other users who have now been complaining for a while, blaming it on a variety of issues including DNS. At the moment I'm on the fence at the cause of these problems, but the OP is not alone.
@Bob
If there is any useful information, or advice, especially on methods of pinpointing issues, that you could tell us about, that would be appreciated.