Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Plusnet

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Email from Plusnet

Got an email from plusnet the other day regarding a number of changes to the service on 1st August, one thing mentioned in the email was a section regarding nuisance calls and if interested in a phone coming soon it said to click here to add your details and we will be in touch, unfortunately nothing happens with the click here bit and if attempting to reply to the email it simply says,' do not reply'.

Perhaps something on my anti virus is blocking me replying but this email must have gone to thousands of other customers, has anyone else flagged up a problem with it.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Email from Plusnet

@gleneagles wrote:

one thing mentioned in the email was a section regarding nuisance calls and if interested in a phone coming soon it said to click here to add your details and we will be in touch

I'll look in to that and get back to you. I'll aim to respond tomorrow, but I may not be able to get an answer until next week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

clicking on "here" took me to https://a.pgtb.me/NRZvB7

I do not know if the link is unique to me or the same for all?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@HarryB wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

one thing mentioned in the email was a section regarding nuisance calls and if interested in a phone coming soon it said to click here to add your details and we will be in touch

I'll look in to that and get back to you. I'll aim to respond tomorrow, but I may not be able to get an answer until next week.

Thanks,

The Link in RichardB's post worked for me, so problem sorted.

Thanks

We are born into history and history is born into us.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

seems like a mostly pointless feature, as the phone still rings and you still need to go answer it.
is the feature clever enough to know if it's a recorded message that it's listening to or an actual person on the other end?
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"seems like a mostly pointless feature, as the phone still rings and you still need to go answer it."

No, you are wrong.

The 'phone doesn't ring if the number calling is not in the phone's memory or is of a type that is blocked, e.g. witheld, international etc..

However, the phone does ring if the caller chooses to provide a message as to who is calling. There are then options to choose whether to accept, reject, send to answering machine etc..

The screen does display any relevant information to make a choice of whether to answer or not.

I wouldn't be without it now.

gofaster
Rising Star

It doesn't seem to mention caller id? Am I right in guessing that it needs the (chargeable) caller id feature to allow it to work?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

CallerDisplay would need to be activated from our side too, yes.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet