Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed during the day poor??

westy125
Dabbler

Download speed during the day poor??

Hi all,
New to Plusnet after getting rid of o2, my question is:
I understand its unlimited downloads during the night 12-8am and 80 gig per month during the day per month, however does this mean that the download speed is reduced?
during the night I get 7-8 meg great!
during the day this is 40-60 kbps!! how could anyone possibly download 80 gig in a month during the day at this speed?? is this normal reduction in speed?

Plusnet mods are welcome to answer as soon as possible, as my staying with Plusnet lies in the balance, the sales person who sold me the contract didnt tell me of speed restrictions which is why I sighned up to plusnet.
Plusnet.... my username is the same as my login here........... i forgot to add i use newsgroups to download not p2p.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Download speed during the day poor??

Welcome to the forums Smiley
Mods are customers like yourself, different to the PN staff who post here.
Expected speeds for your product can be found here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml#premiumSpeeds
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

A better visualisation will be found here, http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm and dont forget they are the maximum speed, and can go significantly lower for binary news groups, p2p and downloads when the internet is busy
westy125
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies,
It explains alot, I dont mind heavy downloading overnight so long as they dont start capping/restricting that too.
once again many thanks