Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Questions

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Downgrade Questions

I apologize if this is the wrong thing to do but I have tried to get through to support for ages and I believe the lines are busy Sad I've been on the phone for so long my ears are ringing  Grin So I thought I would ask here for some help.
I've done some research and found from the bt wholesale website that my line currently supports.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 45.5 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 33.19 Mbps-47.42 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 47.42 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6.93Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This kind of speed has been pretty consistent from day one of our plusnet connection so my questions are.

Is it possible to downgrade my Fibre from Unlimited Fibre Extra to just Unlimited Fibre and take advantage of the introductory offer that new customers get at £5:00 for 6 months and then £14:99 thereafter ?
Also is there any way to keep my current upload of 7 Mbps on the Unlimited Fibre package if and when I downgrade ?
Or are there any other current offers available Cheesy
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Downgrade Questions

Be aware that if you do downgrade your upload IP Profile will change from 20Mbps to 2Mbps!
BT Wholesale have a 40/10 product which would be ideal for you, but unlike most other ISPs, Plusnet don't sell it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: HarryB
@MarkC84 - I'm not particularly happy with the way the new package has been documented on the account. Leave that with me and I'll get the account forced on to 40/10 for you.

Although it seems in certain circumstances, certain people at PN can get customers put on a 40/10 product 
Question to PN, is the 40/10 product something that customer options are able to offer when renegotiating contracts ? 
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Yes the 40/10 is something I have just been reading about on another thread on this very forum Wink That's why I was asking.
It would be great to keep my upload speeds, It's great for gaming + chatting to friends on the PC and Xbox One and with 2 kids in the house gaming on Xbox One we need all the bandwidth we can get Cheesy
fletpablo
Grafter

Long waiting times on phone for technical support many times more then a hour when i first joined Plusnet there was 24 hour support and easy access to phone support when you reduced
the hours  of support i was promised less time will be on waiting on phone it seems that is not true and this is on every occasion i phone  there is a wait of 50 minutes to talk to technical support very bad service online support can not help as have tried this avenue you are not not supplying a proper service but are charging serious money
if you cant supply a proper service please tell us the customer so wee can make alternative plans