cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Waitrose offer better support than Plusnet?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Does Waitrose offer better support than Plusnet?

I just calling plusnet 0800 022 3300 instead of 0800 432 0200 and got through straight away no problem. It far better than 0800 432 0200 as it still saying in queue of approx 30 minutes! I shall use 0800 022 3300 from now on. They say it does do both john lewis & plusnet when I call them up.
DaveyH
Champion

I phoned COT around 4.30 this afternoon on the 03 no. as I was calling from a mobile (to negotiate a deal, as I'm now out of contact), and despite a message announcing long wait times, I was done in under 10 minutes...
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Anotherone
Because they pay a lot more for their broadband, did you not read carefully Roll_eyes

Not for market 1 customers  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Because they pay a lot more for their broadband, did you not read carefully Roll_eyes

I don't believe in this to do with money. Plusnet and John Lewis support phone call should be EQUAL to everyones not because John Lewis costing more than Plusnet. I will be fuming furious if plusnet decided that john lewis customers support call is higher priority than the plusnet customers support call. I will use John Lewis support call from now on because it make me lots easier using typetalk service here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130295.0.html
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sorry I don't agree one bit with that. If I were paying a premium price, then I'd expect premium support. Roll_eyes
If I'm paying a budget price, then I'd expect to wait a bit longer in the queue. Endof.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No sorry, I don't agree with that bit. The price is to do with broadband in different reseller provider. Nothing to do with premium support call (unless for business only) End of.
picbits
Rising Star

So would you be happy to pay an extra 25-30% on top of your current bill for a product which isn't unlimited but not bad at 100Gb download, potentially half the speeds but faster response on the support times ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do find it fishy why does plusnet support calls take longer than john lewis support calls (nothing to do with both isp's on different term on pricing!) But, I willing happy to pay 50p to jump on the queue phone calls just like EE does!
DaveyH
Champion

Quote from: goldenfibre
But, I willing happy to pay 50p to jump on the queue phone calls just like EE does!

So pay a premium for better support? Exactly the thing you're disputing  Huh
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I don't mind 50p to get 1st jump on the queue! If plusnet say no, then there is nothing I can do about it but I shall continue calling this number instead: 0800 022 3300
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

...... paying a premium price, then I'd expect premium support. Roll_eyes
If I'm paying a budget price, then I'd expect to wait a bit longer in the queue. Endof.

There is a difference between premium support, adequate support and total lack of competent support. Plusnet have been in the latter category for far too long. The blessed JamesH assured me that the Leeds Call Centre would solve all problems by last January (perhaps that is slightly stronger than he was but not much). For far too long the Digital Care Team has been the only way of getting a sensible answer to a genuine problem.
I consider that I *am* paying for adequate support and to me that means tickets replied to constructively within 4 hours and phones answered within no more than 2 minutes (should be less). Website should be logically layed out with warnings about the dire turn-round on direct debit changes announced before you press the button and commit yourself. You (Anotherone) have suggested many real improvements. Have any of them been actioned - I would be surprised if you can name one.
It is no good some people telling me it is Openreach's fault - yes, Openreach need kicking where it hurts but it is Plusnet who answer the phones and reply to tickets and whose job it is to provide support when things go wrong and to pay the correct referral discount. It *is* Plusnet's fault when they fail to provide support.
It is also claimed that broadband works 99% of the time so Plusnet are wonderful. Rubbish, that is what it is meant to do and better. If 1% of bottles of tomato sauce (or 0.1%) sold by Tesco contained shoe polish there would be blood on the floor at the suppliers. The response to that is usually that broadband is terribly advanced technology and cannot be compared with tomato ketchup. Rubbish again - it is common or garden everyday technology that is usually let down by computer programmes written in Cobol and running on Sinclair Spectrums or all the pink string and sealing wax bodges that Openreach insist on doing rather than a proper valid repair.
Right - rant over - sorry to all the helpful customers who spend so long on here providing help that Plusnet should provide - this is not aimed at any one of you. You earn my admiration normally but I get really het up about the way the original technically competent, reasonably cheap Plusnet has been turned into a pure marketing organisation that makes Dilbert more real every day.
Anotherone
Champion

I did laugh, nice rant, I can't really disagree with most of it. Where they have "shot themselves in the foot" so to speak is not making the improvements, the simple cheap ones, that have been suggested in the past. The fault lies with the top management not the poor guys and lasses at the coalface, and the buck stops with the CEO, who frankly we've heard little from or about and is no doubt a waste of the vast salary he is paid.
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I am afraid the CEO is only a figurehead and simply does what he is told by the management at BT who do what they are told by their board (mmh, senior management doing what the board tells them - thats a novel thought). I suspect his success is judged by how much he manages to increase the customer base, preferably all on long term contracts that are arranged to trap you as your phone contract expires at a different time to your broadband contract. Even better if he can cover the costs of the new customer discounts by overcharging the long stay customers.
By now Plusnet is merely another BT brand. Sooner or later they will find that long stay customers are so fed up they are leaving faster than they can take on new customers and the books are not balancing and then they will decide that Plusnet has failed and to solve the problem will merge the whole Plusnet customer base into BT Retail and Plusnet will disappear. I am sure there will be many huge improvements as a result and probably some introductory discounts for all as we get used to the idea of paying BT prices (which are now not that different).
Oh dear, I am depressed and cynical tonight.
Now who will be the first Plusnet person to pop up to tell us how much investment is being poured into Plusnet and how if we just give them a chance everything will be all right - therefore Plusnet's future is rosy.  The CEO will be awarding brownie points!!!
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: EnglishMohican
I am afraid the CEO is only a figurehead and simply does what he is told by the management at BT who do what they are told by their board...........

And that's just the problem, if he was any good, he would be telling them what was needed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Look like Plusnet refused 0800 022 3300 for any plusnet account holder being told to ring this number instead 0800 432 0200 for plusnet account holder