Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

"does plusnet have any happy customers"

Former customers then the answer is a definite yes!

Current customers  well, err, hmmm....

DC1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I just had another happy experience with the Plusnet chat line.  Got through reasonably quickly; asked a quite complicated and long question; got an immediate very welcome and helpful answer.  Still keeping my fingers crossed that all goes as smoothly on connection day the day after tomorrow.

figgley
Grafter

+1

A few hours ago I, too, had an excellent first experience of the chat line.

I'll tell you tomorrow whether the guy was typing the truth.

Anon
Pro

Please do tell us. It would be a novel experience for me if they were telling the truth, even the managers do not read the notes written by their colleagues correctly in my experience.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
quickbrew
Rising Star

Be interested if you have any updates on your post from 2 weeks ago as I am awainting change-over from Sky ADSL2+ and telephone to Plusnet keep my phone number and upgrade to FTTC unlimited fibre. I dont expect any technical problems as I am only 650 strides from the exchange and the cabinet is just at the bottom on my road about 40 paces away. I have been advised via a Plusnet email of an anticpated change date of 14th Feb on an order I placed 30th January.

However, as has been mentioned in other threads, good Plusnet reviews are scarce and bad reviews are abundent.

I am a bit long in the tooth and realise that with all providers you are looking to find the best of a bad bunch.
I am not one to prejudge a provider without fair trial but I must admit to being worried I may have jumped from the 'Sky' frying pan into the 'Plusnet' fire.

Any/all reasurences would be welcome.

Cheers.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Anon
Pro

I think that more likely is jumped from the Sky fire into the Pnet furnace.

Sorry there are no re-assurances from me. You just have to hope that you don't need them to sort anything out and that they do not mess up your billing, mind you some people do win the lottery so there is always hope.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
DC1
Rising Star

Hi Hooked.  My switchover is scheduled for tomorrow.  I'll let you know how I get on. I'll be tempting fate by not just using the default Plusnet SSID and password but changing it to my existing Sky Hub SSID and password in the hope that all the wi-fi enabled kit I have in my house set up to recognise them will carry on as though nothing has changed without my having to spend ages re-setting them all.  Something tells me that sounds too good to be true, but wisty on this forum kindly told me how to do it and the Plusnet guy on the chat line confirmed it, so.....

quickbrew
Rising Star

Hi Dabbler,

Edit. (Might be prudent to get going on Pnet defaults and then change your SSID. )

I intend to do the same thing as I also have two power extenders on a common SSID as well.
I am currently using my own TPLink router on Sky's ADSL2+ broadband.

Apart from keeping the same SSID (which I already changed fromthe Sky default one) I am hoping to J45 cable from Plusnets Hub1 router to another room to keep my ownTP Link router on WAN to increase reception as I am in an old house with thick brick walls. I have never done this before but have been Googling how.

Has your Plusnet router arrived yet and when expected? Hope everything does go well for you tommorrow.

Please keep me posted on how it works out for you.

Cheers.
DC1
Rising Star

Yes - I had been planning to be prudent in that way.  My router arrived less than 24 hours after Plusnet emailed me saying it had been despatched.  Much thinner and lighter than the Sky Hub - hope that's just because it's more advanced tech!

figgley
Grafter

HA ! My router arrived 9 hours before they emailed me to say it was on it's way.

I cannot fault their service on that front but now I just want to get connected to the fibre.

*Twiddles thumbs*

DC1
Rising Star

Big changeover day today. At 8.00am I am rudely awakened by my intruder alarm going off. Control box says it's because of a telecoms failure. Phone line dead. Laptop tells me my home network is working internally but isn't connected to the Internet. Thank God for mobile phones - hence I am able to type this. No message from Plusnet though. 8.52 now. I wasn't warned Sky would just cut me off at the crack of dawn and leave me to stew without a phone line waiting for Plusnet to turn out.
DC1
Rising Star

Now 1020am. Phone dead for well over 2 hours. No message from Plusnet. Plusnet chat line won't work from my mobile phone - just shows me a blank screen with one black dot and back and next buttons. Click on next and I get "submit" but no box to type text in. Click on submit and it just takes me back to next and the black dot. This does not look promising. I'll give them another hour or two then try telephoning if chat line still u/s.
Scooterman999
Rising Star

@itwashimnotme..........sorry, very amusing comment - I meant to acknowledge it many days ago.  Yes, I loved AOL's chat rooms  with their side rooms for private conversations.  For a period I enjoyed an online relationship with a lady who eventually invited me to a swingers orgy in a Stevenage council house and that was a bit too heavy for me, so I stopped visiting `Chat for the over-Thirties' (or was it over-Forties? - I forget).

DC1
Rising Star

Phone has now been dead for nearly 5 hours. No word from Plusnet. Chat line still won't work from my mobile phone (odd since as you see this forum works just fine from it). Tried to phone them on their 0800 number by mobile; was told it would be a 15 minute wait. Thought blow that and hung up. This is not going well.
quickbrew
Rising Star

Oh dear Dabbler,

How frustrating. In my dealings I was told a change date with the advice that all my services should stay live until switchover but I was also warned there may be some downtime. I cant get a link for you but if you use Facebook search for Plusnet faults. This page allows you to comment or message Plusnet. The responses dont always seem very efficient but they appear to be answering queries and their stock advice is to priivate message them on their Facebook page with your username and they claim they will get back to you. Hope this helps.