cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PN support actually read and listen

Couger
Grafter

Does PN support actually read and listen

What does it take to get someone at plusnet to actually listen and read into my fault
Since the line was activated nearly 2 years ago my MSR has dropped more than 20% i used to hold onto around 7000kbps and now its lowered to 5500kbps,
My noise margin is all over the place, theres noise on the line yet im wake this morning to find im trying to be fobbed of with shitty INTERLEAVING
I play games on line and really dont want it on, I called CS to be confronted with a arrogant CS member of staff whom was adamant that INTERLEAVING would fix my fault
Heres some stats from routerstats its all over the place and worse in other screenshots

I tryed and tryed to explain that interleaving is not going to help to the CS guy on the phone this morning yet he was arrogrant and would not listen pfff
I know  if anything interleaving will drop my MSR even further and at the same time increase my latency,
Seriously this is a blatent line fault with a bad connection somewhere along my line,
ive watched my MSR get lower and lower for months now
Not a happy plusnet customer.....
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Does PN support actually read and listen

If you think your line is noisy have you done a quiet line test dial 17070 and select option with everything but a corded phone plugged in?
If yes, you need to call BT and mention the noisy line - but do not mention your broadband issue.
If not, do it. If you still have a noisy line call BT.
If the line is less noisy try changing your filters as faulty filters can cause issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Couger
Grafter

Hi adiewoo
Thanks for your support
Yeah ive tryed that 17070 test and can here faint hissing with occasional crackles i guess this is static or bad earth,
i tryed the filter over the weekend with no improvement yet
Cheers
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yeah ive tryed that 17070 test and can here faint hissing with occasional crackles i guess this is static or bad earth,

If you can hear crackling or a hiss without anything else plugged into the line, then that's going to be the cause of the problems. I'd suggest reporting it to your phone provider (don't mention broadband) and ask them to fix the noise on the line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.