cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do plusnet want to loose all their customers?

Dabbler

Do plusnet want to loose all their customers?

Hi

I was a longstanding plusnet  customer  on their  FTTP  trial , due  to  plusnets  poor  billing system my  account  got  messed  up  , and I was  told  that the  only  way to fix it  was  to  start a  new account  , but  I would  loose  my  FTTP - result  I  had to  move away  from Plusnet 

at the  beginning of the  month  my  dad  passed away  , and  to  be  fair  to  plusnet , once I  sent  a  copy  of  the  death Certificate  , they set up a  new account  for  my  mum and   transferred  everything over - Must  say plusnet  dealt with the  home  phone  and  broadband  better  than any of  the  utility  company's 

Today whilst sorting  things  for  my  mum , I  noticed  that the  mobile phone  had  not  been moved  from my  dads  bank account  to my  mums  so phoned them to  make  sure  everything was ok

Explained  what  needed  doing , change account  to  my  mums  name  and  change  bank details  to  which they  replied  , you  cant  transfer  mobile accounts , you  have to  close  it  and  open a  new  one  in mums  name . 

Ok - can we  do that then - she  would  like  to  keep  the  same  number 

Sorry  we  cant  do that  , a  new  account  gets a new  number your dad  would  have to port the old  number  out  , set  up a  new account  , then port the  number  back in  

How  they  expect  someone who's  dead  to  make arrangements  to  port  a  number  I don't  know   , but  if  we  port the  number  to another company  , we  wont  be  going through the  hassle  of  moving it  twice - result  loss  of  business  for plusnet 

cant  work  out  how  a  company  can be  so  poor  on some  things  but  brilliant on others  , but  unless they  get  better   they  are  going to  loose  customers  hand  over  fist 

1 REPLY 1
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 399

Re: Do plusnet want to loose all their customers?

Thanks for your post @Steelman99

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the issues caused

If you can drop me a PM with the mobile account details I'll see if there's anything we can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team