Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet ever pay £50 cash back?

FIXED
nadger
Rising Star

Do Plusnet ever pay £50 cash back?

My daughter signed up on 22/10/16 for a line installation and unlimited adsl.
Line went active on 09/11/16 and she was supposed to receive cash back email within 10 days.

She phoned on 02/12/16 and was told cashback had been located.

Having heard nothing she phoned again on 03/01/17 only to be told department dealing with cashback was under pressure and that CSA would send them an email.

I've made sure that my daughter checks all her emails including spam.

NOTHING

As she pays by DD why can't they simply pay £50 into her account?

30 REPLIES 30
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Do Plusnet ever pay £50 cash back?

Hello @nadger Sorry to hear your daughter hasn't received her cash back yet. 

Can you private message me with her username and I will be happy to chase things up once I'm back in the office tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nadger
Rising Star

@Anoush Many thanks for reply

I've pmd you her username and account i/d

angalow

I also have not received my £50 cashback though their communication to me states is on it's way & if not received within 30 days phone customer services which i was about to do today, now due to what you say in relation to your daughters account i wonder what reply i shall receive.

I applied to join Plusnet on 17th November 2016 i was supposed to go live on the 1st December but was delays with my Wi-Fi due to their incompetence in part & telling of unbelievable  lies in relation to my existing phone number not being transported!.

nadger
Rising Star

@angalow Best to phone up and post back here if you don't get satisfactory reply.

I've been with Plusnet for 9.5 years and never had a major problem myself.

Everything went smoothly with my daughter's line install and adsl activation.

Getting a way of applying for the cash back is a problem she can currently do without as she needs to concentrate on OU course work.

Hence my involvement as do have the time to pursue this matter.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@angalow - Sorry to hear you've not received your cashback cheque. Did you receive the redemption email as expected within 10 days of the services activating with us?

@nadger -

nadger wrote:
she was supposed to receive cash back email within 10 days.

Generally the following process is as follows:

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

If you've signed up to a cashback or Multi-Choice voucher offer, you can claim your Plusnet Reward in just a few easy steps:

• You'll get an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive your Plusnet Reward email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.
  • Open the email and click on the link - it's valid for two months from the date we sent it. You'll then be directed to an online form. Fill in your details into this form and then click 'submit'.
  • You'll then see a confirmation screen - your Plusnet Reward is on its way!
  • You should receive your reward within 30 days of receiving confirmation it's on its way. It will be sent either via post or email, depending on the type of reward.

believe I've found the account in question and I see it's been chased up a few times already, however I'm sorry to see there hasn't been an update.

It looks like it may be something to do with the offer code on the account. I may need to listen to a call to find out what's happening with this, so I likely won't be able to provide an update today, however I'll make sure to provide an update tomorrow via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alisonmitchell

I have been trying (unsuccessfully for the past two months - email and phone) to claim my £50 back. It is almost impossible and I am considering taking this to the media to expose this scam by Plusnet.

Does anyone know just HOW to claim this back?

Ali

alisonmitchell

Hi there

I also am finding it impossible to claim the £50 cash back. Can you please advise?

Ali

nadger
Rising Star

@HarryB Thanks for also looking into this matter - If you access my account you'll see daughter's account name in referalls Wink

@alisonmitchell In no way am I suggesting this is a scam.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

@nadger -

@nadger wrote:

If you access my account you'll see daughter's account name in referalls Wink

That's how I found the account yesterday Thumbs_Up

I've chased this up and provided an update via the account Here.

Welcome to the community forums @alisonmitchell, I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing delays with your cashback.

@alisonmitchell & @angalow -

I've chased your cashback up with our marketing team and I have been advised that each of your cheques are expected to arrive by the end of the month.

If you've still not received it by the end of the month, please do let me know and I'll make sure to chase this up and escalate this again for you.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nadger
Rising Star

@HarryB Many thanks for resolving this matter so quickly - your thoughts about incorrect code were correct.

Actually my daughter was mobile phone CSA back in analogue days so has been other end of phone.

She can now settle down with OU course Smiley

pac777
Hooked

I thought i was on my own with not receiving my £50 cashback , but obviously this is more common than i expected .my complaint differs in the fact that after many phone calls  , many  missed deadlines and promises that it would be sorted , i eventually received a cheque , One big problem   it was in someone elses name . You couldnt make it up . More phone calls , more apologies and more deadlines missed .each time its the same answer (we dont know why its taking so long) .PLEASE PLEASE can somebody sort it .

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hi there @pac777 It looks like your cash back cheque should have arrived by now? Let us know if you haven't received it and I'll be happy to chase this up for you. Apologies for the problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
pac777
Hooked

Hi , Anoush . its Friday , the postmans been and gone and no sign of my cheque ,

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll chase this up on Monday for you.