Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Why am I raising this

The reason is that Plusnet send their emails out assuming that html is enabled and that linked images aren't blocked

A case in point - and why I am raising it - is that the welcome to your mobile email with a link or links for activating/explaining about the account was totally incomprehensible when viewed in plain text mode in webmail

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 31

Re: Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Plain text and block images are the defaults I use on my email client. HTML emails only serve to bloat an already congested Internet and are, in my opinion, a total waste of bandwidth. Adding a vanilla http://... to an email is so easy to copy and paste should it be needed.

Fixes: 70

Re: Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

I believe my copy of MS Outlook blocks images and often offers the option to open the email in a browser.

I say "I believe" because I can find no way of enabling embedded images in Outlook settings so it could be my Kaspersky which is doing the deed.

With some emails including Plusnet ones I have opened them on my phone to see missing content.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

@Strat I've got an Office 365 subscription so am running the latest version of Outlook where the image download settings can be found at File->Options->Trust center->Trust center settings (it should be similar for other versions.)

officetrustsettings.PNG

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Fixes: 70

Thanks @Browni but I have tried that and a number of other solutions including registry hacks but with no success.

Letting the systems look after such security settings is probably the wisest option and I can live with that.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 173

Thanks @Oldjim, I've passed your feedback on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 4

I use Mozilla Thunderbird which asks me if I want to display images.  The email PN sent me when my contract was about to expire included a link to click on if I couldn't see/read the email.  I'm not sure if all PN emails have this facility.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

That is interesting and isn't something I can easily check but I wonder if the mobile related ones are different in that the link almost certainly takes you to the ticket on the account and the mobile account doesn't have that equivalent