cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet Use Automatic Diallers and Witheld Numbers?

FIXED
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Do Plusnet Use Automatic Diallers and Witheld Numbers?

I am currently having problems with my FTTC speed. OR have allegedly fixed a fault. Unfortunately this not made a jot of difference (Ticket 182488965) but that is not the purpose of this post.

A Plusnet agent has sent an email saying that an attempt was made to ring me but could not get through. At around the correct time my phone recorded a call from a withheld number. The strange thing is that the phone rang a coupe of times but when answered was dead. Was this from Plusnet? My first thought was that it had been caught by my BT Call Guardian phone, but that would not explain the phone actually ringing. Other calls are getting through fine. It could of course be that the Plusnet agent just rang off after the phone rang a couple of times or that the call was from some-one else and no Plusnet call was made..

Can Plusnet confirm if they use automatic diallers and withheld numbers to contact customers? If the number is withheld but the call made manually then the call guardian will let the call through providing the caller announces them self and presses the hash key. If the number is withheld but I know the number then I can add it to my permitted list and that will get through.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

1 REPLY 1
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Do Plusnet Use Automatic Diallers and Witheld Numbers?

Fix

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Can Plusnet confirm if they use automatic diallers

No, we don;t use dialers for fault related calls, you'll be called back after an agent has had time to read the response from our suppliers and do any prep work and they'll call you manually. Some of our third party partners may potentially use dialers when contacting Plusnet's customers.

and withheld numbers to contact customers?

Yes we do withhold our number as standard.

If the number is withheld but the call made manually then the call guardian will let the call through providing the caller announces them self and presses the hash key

The agent probably mistook the automated voice for an answer machine. Sorry about that. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager