cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissappointment: Demanding full explaination

nurulmahat

Dissappointment: Demanding full explaination

Plusnet center username: nurulmahat
I've ordered the service for your budget 10gb broadband plusnet on 27 Sept 2012. You've scheduled  engineer (BT engineer) in this case for the landline on 23 OCTOBER 2012 and nobody what so bloody show up. I rang you customer service and the answer is blooding shocking, 'We didn't know that, it was not on our system????Huh' What the hell do you have it scheduled at the first place if u do not have system to sort things out? And the bloody idiot gave 15 November for the BT engineer to come. And i could be fine 50 pound if i were not home when the engineer came???? Oh come on, you screw it up at the first place and still had nerve to put that on the clause??????
Still, I dont want that 15 November or what so ever. I need to use the internet NOW as i've waited for so LOOONGGGGG. I can only wait for another 3 days, and I will cancel my order with full refund.

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Dissappointment: Demanding full explaination

If you read around these forums you will find that Plusnet are getting just as frustrated by this type of problem as you. All work has to be done by BT's OpenReach, once Plusnet have confirmed the appointment with them Plusnet have no control and no shows are getting to be not uncommon. Only some time after the scheduled appointment do Plusnet get told and then I'm afraid it's not unusual for OpenReach to lie and say they tried to call but no-one was in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

First of all let me apologise for the issue here and for the engineer visit you were expecting to happen.
I know this won't help resolve the issue but I feel it best I explain the chain of events that led to this happening.
When you signed up the account on 26/9/12 I'm guessing at that point you opted for 23/10/12 for the line install and were given the impression that this would be fulfilled. Following that what should have happened is that as a new line needed to be installed so a support ticket should have been flagged up to our provisioning team for them to place that order. It looks like that didn't happen so I'm sorry to see that's impacted you in such a way.
As we've only been able to pick up on this issue at this point we've only just placed the order for the new line for 15/11/12, the broadband should be activated on the same date.
I'll be honest in stating that we may not be able to bring that any further forward, hence I feel we should give you a good will gesture which I'll detail on a support ticket shortly, in case you were unaware you can check that at http://contactus.plus.net
And i could be fine 50 pound if i were not home when the engineer came?

That is completely correct but I can see that doesn't come across as helpful or friendly when we've already had a problem with your order so I'm sorry if that came across badly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nurulmahat

Jelv,
I regretted that I didn't get to read this forum before I signed up for the service. Otherwise, I'll stay away.
Btw, from the point of customer's view, I don't think we should even bother how BT OpenReach is doing business with PN as we're not dealing directly with them. If PN think BT OpenReach is not reliable enough to carry out their work, that's their problem, don't put it on customer. But don't lure customer by having the schedule date and stuff when they knew their provider isn't capable and reliable of doing so. Just wipe out the date schedule section on their registration form, or any other sort of 'scheduling' system they have. Just simply write or tell the customer 'We will never know when the OpenReach will be able to to carry out the work, please contact them directly as we do not have control over their service". At least that'll be honest.
I just felt deceived
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: nurulmahat
'We will never know when the OpenReach will be able to to carry out the work, please contact them directly as we do not have control over their service"

Except, unfortunately, there's no way for an end customer to directly contact the untouchable monopoly that Openreach is.
Your contract is with Plusnet and it is for them to sort out, unfortunately Plusnet (and all other ISPs who use BTs infrastructure) have no choice but to use Openreach.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nurulmahat

Adam,
Thank you for your prompt reply towards the issue. And my apology for such strong language, but i'm sure you can understand how frustrated i am.

To be frank with you, I'm not even in UK to deal with all these messes. Everything is being handled by my wife back in UK , which happen to be an IT illiterate, less techy and very dependable on me to get things sorted.
When i left the UK, I've planned everything very well for her and her study. Plusnet (internet) was part of it. Just imagine how my reaction be when she told me the BT engineer never show up, and when she rang the customer service, the service is very disappointing. The personnel attended her was not helpful rude.

As you've confirmed that we can't get the service up and running within these few days, I will need some time to further discuss this matter with my wife. Will let you know where it'll take us.

Btw, back to what you've told, what if your engineer didn't show up on the 15th, can I use the same condition that you put on us, can PlusNet be liabled 50pound on no show up event?  Wink Which i don't think I can in anyway Smiley

Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you incur extra expenses to ensure someone will be there for the rearranged appointment you should be able to claim those costs.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: nurulmahat
I regretted that I didn't get to read this forum before I signed up for the service. Otherwise, I'll stay away.

If by 'stay away' you mean find another ISP, all ISPs who use BT's network are having the same problems as their forums show.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nurulmahat

What I mean by that was... away, away from the root cause of the problem, BT itself. And there is where I'm heading to now.

And yup, I have cancelled my order effective on 30th October. To the support team, please do all the necessary measure for me to get my refund as soon as you've requested me to pay when the order was made.
All I can say to PlusNet, until you can really provide the best service (by all means) to your customers, you will keep losing one after another. I'm not even a customer yet, keep that in your log. Yeah, my new order on another provider isn't doing any better in term of date availability, but I just totally lost the confidence and faith in PlusNet.
Best of luck,  and luck is the thing you really need for your current business model.