cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting.

thereverend
Dabbler

Re: Disgusting.

Yeah David, that may be what has happened.
I still don't understand though, I ordered a new line (even though I wanted one, PN told me at ordering that one would be required) as it is shared accommodation I was aware that I may not have access to an existing line.
It may be me being stupid, but I thought that if I paid for and ordered a new line then I would get a new line, that could be installed in my specific room.
I have a feeling that it is BT that have messed this up mainly and not PN, although I still don't see why I haven't had my router yet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately in regards to the router I can't really advise much more than it has been dispatched and I believe it should arrive shortly.
With the line, we're going to have to raise this as a fault to get an engineer out to carry out the installation that we initially booked on the order.
Please could you PM me a few dates when you'd be available for a faults engineer to come out. Availability is currently showing from the 28th onwards.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's could be interesting when the engineer turns up as he's probably going to ask to see the socket where the line terminates and with multiple occupancy that may not be possible!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I will be noting it up on the fault report that the initial order was placed for a new line to install and Openreach cancelled the appointment, so I would hope they wouldn't ask where the socket is as they should be reading their notes and be aware of why they are going out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thereverend
Dabbler

I'll send you a PM thanks Harry, although I just basically want it sorting ASAP. If you book an engineer I will be in to meet him/her.
Router still not arrived.
This is doubly annoying as Derby are on TV again tomorrow and it is another match I will be unable to watch.
thereverend
Dabbler

Still no router. Still no service. Still no phone line installed as per the order.
I can't even test to see if another line in teh house has been activated.
Do you get some form of award after 30 days  without service like they do with Alcoholics Anonymous? A key fob or pin badge or something maybe.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The router was definitely sent out last week, I've marked this for delivery problems now as it has been the 3-5 working days we have to advise for delivery and arranged for another to be sent.
As per my PM, I've also got a new appointment booked in for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thereverend
Dabbler

Thanks Harry.
Hopefully I'll have a router by Wednesday so I can get online.
I assume that if I have not then the engineer will have the ability to test the line?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd certainly hope so. (On both counts)
The router component states it was dispatched yesterday and as far as I can see the appointment is still committed.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: thereverend
Hopefully I'll have a router by Wednesday so I can get online.

You can get one PC online without a router by connecting it directly to the modem: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)