cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting Customer Service - tickets being ignored.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Disgusting Customer Service - tickets being ignored.

I'm not unhappy with my connection, which is fine,  just stupid things like trying to get through to CS and PN profiles not updating as they should.  You obviously picked up on my forum post that I'd said vodafone was my cheapest option, but reading between the lines it should also be obvious which ISP would meet requirements.

The ideal situation for _everyone_ would be that PN got CS situation sorted, they've pulled their socks up in the past and it won them awards.  However they cant now let things ride on awards won a few years ago.

....and finally, yes I suppose it could be said that I may have a soft spot for Yorkshire based ISPs Wink 

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

nope 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@kitz wrote:

just stupid things like... PN profiles not updating as they should.

Although I appreciate it doesn't fix the other things you've mentioned, this shouldn't be a problem for users on the new network.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@HarryB, not strictly true Tongue

The profiles are still applied to those with a static IP because they're L2TP tunnelled over to the ERX's/BNG's.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@kitz wrote:

I'm not unhappy with my connection, which is fine,  just stupid things like trying to get through to CS and PN profiles not updating as they should.  You obviously picked up on my forum post that I'd said vodafone was my cheapest option, but reading between the lines it should also be obvious which ISP would meet requirements.

The ideal situation for _everyone_ would be that PN got CS situation sorted, they've pulled their socks up in the past and it won them awards.  However they cant now let things ride on awards won a few years ago.

....and finally, yes I suppose it could be said that I may have a soft spot for Yorkshire based ISPs Wink 

is that a hint at saying you chose to go with Origin?
is there a reason why you won't just say which ISP you decided on?

i looked at Origin previously, but there was something i could quite put my finger on that put me off them.
that, and the fact they are just a plusnet reseller meant that i couldn't see much point in moving from plusnet to a plusnet reseller.

chenks76
All Star

@HarryB wrote:

Although I appreciate it doesn't fix the other things you've mentioned, this shouldn't be a problem for users on the new network.

this "new" network seems to be the claimed saviour of everything these days.
however going by anecdotal evidence it seems to be the exact opposite.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

All I said was the speed profiles on our side don't affect the speeds on the new network, unlike the old network, or as Bob pointed out, accounts with static ips on the new network. I'm well aware of the problems we've seen on the new network and don't claim for it to be a fix for everything.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@chenks76 wrote:
i looked at Origin previously, but there was something i could quite put my finger on that put me off them.
that, and the fact they are just a plusnet reseller meant that i couldn't see much point in moving from plusnet to a plusnet reseller.

I think for most PN customers the network is working okay , the problem  is customer response times .

Recently i have moved a few lines away from PN to Origin

Reason been:

24/7 UK call center , staff i have spoken to very knowledgeable

Phones answered quickly

Allow authorized users on accounts  ( as do PN)

Much better price than what COT offered to stay ( market A exchange)

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

looking at origin again, their advertised prices seem to be almost the same as plusnet.

although in this instance they are more expensive (if you are new customer).
pluset - 80/20 with line rental - £5pm for first 6 month then £20pm for remaining 12 months + £18pm line rental.
origin - 80/20 with line rental - £10pm for first 6 month then £20pm for remaining 12 months + £18pm line rental.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If your unlucky to be stuck in a market A exchange, they are quite a bit cheaper, for the exact same product ( better upload on the upto 38mb package , 10mb instead of 2mb)

38mb on Market A exchange 

pluset - 40/2 with line rental - £12.50pm for first 6 month then £22.49pm for remaining 12 months + £18pm line rental.
origin - 40/10 with line rental - £3.59pm for first 6 month then £13.49pm for remaining 12 months + £18pm line rental.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.