cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

kitkatsox
Dabbler

Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

Ooooo
53 REPLIES 53
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Disgusted with plusnet - and Jess needs to do one!!!!!!

Huge mistake defecting to plusnet.  sales team at plusnet are great, get a problem and your utterly stuffed my fibre optic runs intermittently a 2.19mbps and that is not a typo. since I reported it on Friday they have now managed to completely cock up my phone line so I don't have a dial tone at all.
Because the moron whom my mum contacted on my behalf couild not get through to my mobile this morning he has actually written LINE SHOWING LOOP FAULT CALLED CUSTOMER WENT TO VOICEMAIL and incredulously, unbelievably the utter moron just types case closed. so I,m now all the way back to the beginning.
I hate plusnet with a passion I am cancelling my direct debit and they can shove their fibre optic where the sun doesn't shine!!!  incidentally originally reported fault at 14.26 on Friday I was told would take until Wednesday 3rd December to investigate, at that point phone was working gawd knows what it will be now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Disgusted with plusnet - and Jess needs to do one!!!!!!

Hello kitkatsox, welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to hear of this, that really sounds like the agent responsible for that needs somewhat more than a bit of feedback.
But let's deal with the most important things first. How long have you been with Plusnet?
Have you raised another ticket for your phone fault?
kitkatsox
Dabbler

I joined in February 2014 and yes I've reported phone line issue again but it has to start at the back of the queue
kitkatsox
Dabbler

csc analyst is [removed]
Dick:quote
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
Anotherone
Champion

You better edit that last post as Forum rules don't allow agent's names to be posted.You could send me a PM pasting a complete copy of the ticket in it. That is allowed.
I have to say  as much as I can appreciate your anger, cancelling your direct debit will get you into a lot more hot water whilst you are within contract and might affect your credit rating. Far better to argue your case with Plusnet until they allow you to go without penalty if that's what you ultimately decide to do.
It sounds like the fault on the phone line is what's caused your poor Fibre speed. What speed did you get before the fault, and how long was it at 2.19mbps?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For what it is worth, synch speed and working on phone lines is totally outside of PlusNet's remit / ability they do not "touch" phone lines and therefore they could not have done what you claim - that is the realm on BT Openreach who provide service to all ISPs.
If there is an issue with your phone line, changing ISP (if that is what you are considering doing) is not going to fix your phone line / negate the problem.  Any ISP you consider moving to will end up with the same phone line and the same fault.
Best to work with PlusNet to fix this only hope you get someone who does not make the mistake of closing an issue just because he could not get through to you.  I do hope though that the CRT listens to the call to determine exactly what conversation took place with your mother.
A loop fault should have been reported to BTOR, however it is more than likely that an appointment booking would be required before that could be done.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kitkatsox
Dabbler

Re: changing provider, they are unlikely to provide such a shoddy service as plusnet and tell me it will take 5 days, just to investigate! As for contacting them how do you suggest I do this I don't have a phone line! And as for direct debit I am not paying for a service I'm not getting! I've just paid my bill so I will pay up until 27th November, fault reported on 28th and stuff all done so far and as far as I can tell 12 hours before anyone even reads my ticket plusnet are in breach of contract and not providing the service they claim to give? And respectfully I do not expect to phone a help line hold on for 34 minutes in the hope of getting through to someone with half a brain. I have two disable parents for whom I am a registered carer they live in two separate counties and neither can contact me and vice versa and yes I have a mobile they are pensioners and cannot afford to load up their bills with landline to mobile calls
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Re: .....

What a shame plusnet support isn't as quick as plus net forum moderators !!!!!!!!!!!!
Anotherone
Champion

Re: .....

I will point out that the Forum moderators are customers just like you and I Lips_are_sealed
It won't take 5 days for Plusnet to investigate, that includes the time taken for Openreach to get their rear-ends in gear and hopefully fix it.
I think you have missed Townman's point - all the ISPs have to rely on Openreach with the exception of Virgin Media Cable if you have them in your area.
Only the much more expensive ISPs may provide a"better" customer service, all the rest are no better, quite a few with off-shore customer service centres. However what you have experienced here is exceptionally bad (are you going to PM me a copy of the ticket btw?). The time to answer calls had been lengthy and we've all complained and will continue to do so. We've also been complaining about the ticket queueing system and the fact that phone faults are not treated as a priority.
A CRT member will see this on Monday morning, if you post the ticket number here, I'm sure they will ensure that it's being progressed urgently.
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Re: Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

Hi ticket number is #95408339 and they did tell me it would take three working days to investigate fault, they would get back to me by wednesday. Still don't have a phone line not heard stuff all from plus net on three open tickets posted yesterday at 17.22 and  17.30 and Friday at 14.28 all awaiting response.  Fibre optic download at 2.47mbps currently and drops in n out
Anotherone
Champion

As much as we would like, Openreach engineers don't work on routine stuff on Sundays Sad
As I said before, it will be the phone fault that's causing the slow Fibre speed. The fault is undoubtedly between the Cab and your house.
What sort of Fibre speed do you get when it's all working?
Is there any audible sound on the phone at all?
I assume that the modem is connected into the top socket of the master socket Face Plate and the phone into the bottom one?
kitkatsox
Dabbler

I was far calmer before I read your response! Firstly you assume correctly, secondly I have two disabled parents as I previously stated, I don't think there is anything routine about not having a phone line when my mum or dads welfare could depend on it. And previous speed test was 34.87mbps now as you pointed out you don't work for plusnet so I'm not sure why you keep responding or how you can help. Oh and no there is just silence no dial tone no crackle NADA
picbits
Rising Star

Anotherone is trying to get as much relevant information so when Plusnet do get to this post tomorrow, they will hopefully not need to ask you any more questions / delay your repair further.
On many occasions, the helpers on the forum have identified and sorted out a fix for the problems before Plusnet Staff have (especially in the earlier days when PN didn't man the forums at all at the weekends).
You'll find that a lot of the helpers on here have as much if not more technical and IT experience than some of the helpline operators. I've personally been in IT for the last 25 years and helped set up one of the first Windows 95 helplines for the largest retailer in the UK.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

+1 Dom

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.