cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Anotherone
moving the phone to another supplier
I think you're getting picky again  Grin , I didn't suggest that.
Just a generic comment along the lines that if something is important then research in advance is helpful and you're already "on my case". Calm down dear.  Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

HP, not picky, if you are going to give advice, get it into context with the consequences.
@kitkatsox
No need, ignorant people like you will get no further response from me.
Edit: oh, btw Plusnet seem to have been very busy today, and if I hadn't pointed out that your post hadn't had a response, you may not have got the one that you did until tomorrow.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: kitkatsox
If your directing that to me mike probably better to ask plus net

It's directed at PN
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kitkatsox
Dabbler

Well that completely sums these forums up 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

kitkatsox,
One understands your anger and frustration, however what you do not realise is that some of the people you are venting your anger on in this thread are the same people who have ensured that your issue did not remain un-progressed today.  It is unfortunate that there was a major system outage yesterday and one suspects that PlusNet have been a bit stretched today.  Circa 16:30 today, two of us sought to ensure the visibility of this thread to those who can help - I think you owe Anotheone an apology.
As for your suggestion that Tony has broken confidentiality, then I think you owe him an apology too.  Post #30 might well be identical to what is on your ticket.  Have you considered the possibility that what is on the TICKET IS A COPY OF FORUM POST #30?  There is nothing in post #30 which you have not already disclosed in your preceding posts.  Post #30 answers the issues you have raised - copying that to the ticketing system (especially if matters are escalated) ensures that ALL communication with yourself is recorded in the formal location for customer management records.  To me that seems very professional.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro

Just thought I'd add a bit of information about BT and how they deal with "disadvantaged" customers, based on real (stressful) experience today. Summarised as briefly as possible below.
My relative, referred to earlier in this thread, was in the middle of a phone call earlier from my wife when the call was cut off; she rang back but it just rang and rang, not answered.
After some time and no contact we called the next door neighbour (a keyholder) who went round to check.
To cut a long story short, the phone had been cut off for non-payment! The neighbour got that message when trying to use the phone to call us back to say everything was otherwise OK.
We tried and tried to get through to BT, but their automated phone systems, with totally rubbish voice recognition, got nowhere, never to a person!  Cry
We check the post at least weekly and there are no phone bills (we pay them), let alone any reminders of a bill or that it was overdue. As we discovered later BT "probably" phone to tell you the bill hasn't been paid; totally useless given the situation as the recipient wouldn't understand let alone remember the call.
Eventually we went online (luckily had an old bill to hand with all relevant reference details) and paid an outstanding sum of about £70.
I then phoned again, to get silly messages along the lines of "your phone has been cut off due to an outstanding bill of zero!"  Crazy So at least the payment had been processed.
Eventually, by battling through the automated system for about 30 minutes and "constructively lying" to the automated questions I was asked, I got to a real human being by about 7pm!  Cheesy
I really struggled to understand what they said, but we were able to communicate, albeit slowly.
However, they were at least helpful.  Shocked
I explained the situation and the age and infirmity of the person they had cut off plus the total lack of bills and reminders. They could see that the bill had been paid.
They wanted to go through setting up a Direct Debit, but I insisted - NO we need to sort out getting the phone working first, future payments are secondary.
I spoke to them about 2 aspects of the BT Code of Practice which I had researched following the input earlier: "Free Priority Fault Repair Service" and the "Protected Services Scheme" (for elderly/disabled customers who might accidentally be at risk of being cut off).
I was able to persuade them to check and trigger manually a reactivation of the phone; they explained it was an automated process and may take some hours, which I understand, but it was done (or so I was told).
They then marked the account for "Free Priority Fault Repair Service" without asking for any paperwork.  Cool Result.
Finally we discussed the "Protected Services Scheme" which I'm not convinced the person I spoke to was at all familiar with; I've subsequently found that there's an application form to fill in for it.
But they did add my wife (closest relative) as a second person on the account, taking all her contact details, though they did already have some.
I subsequently rang the number given to call to request a form for the PSS and ended up in the usual useless voice-recognition system that seemed to have no knowledge of the scheme so got to a totally useless dead-end choices menu none of which were going anywhere. But we were outside normal office hours so I'll try again tomorrow.
So, it looks like BT are able to support such people sensibly but the means of requesting it are truly appalling. I'd have happily sat in a queue for 20 minutes just knowing I'd get a human being, rather than a series of automated questions that really were just designed to fob me off!
A summary of the services that BT offer (but how do you access them?) is here: http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services.html#PSS what do PN offer by way of comparison?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Is the phone with Plusnet or not?!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
HPsauce
Pro

My relatives phone?  Undecided
(I would have though it was obvious it's BT as described in my post above)
Just to add that I have spent another 30 minutes on the phone talking to BT this morning, again after "negotiating" a ludicrous menu system.
The operator I spoke to understood my request about the Protected Services Scheme, but it took all that time to find the relevant forms!
If anyone is interested they are on a very well-hidden downloads page at: http://www.bt.com/includingyou/help-support-downloads.html#PSS
(Though the downloads do NOT include the form for the Priority Fault Repair Service!)
Anyway, to get somewhat back on track, as noted above I wonder what PlusNet's formal or informal approach is to people in similar situations?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Not heard from the OP for a few days. Has the problem been resolved?