cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful customer service

toweliechaos
Dabbler

Disgraceful customer service

I have tried to be reasonable. Really, I have. But today is straw + camel's back moment.

Last Friday my internet, which has never been a problem once, stopped working. I reported this to Plusnet to be told that the ADSL was no longer operative and only the VDSL was incoming. Now, the fibre that Plusnet asked me to join, should have been sorted in late August. However, apparently there was a problem at the cabinet which delayed the order being completed - not that anyone thought to UPDATE the customer of this.

Anyway, now I only had VDSL coming but Plusnet, for reasons they have not tried to explain, had failed to dispatch the router, so I had no method of accessing my fibre service. OK, these things can happen (they do seem to happen quite a lot with Plusnet though...) and I await the router. Miraculously, it arrives the next morning. So, off I go and set it up.

Hmm. Solid orange light. That's not right. Call helpdesk. "Yes, that's not right, have you tried a,b,c etc.?" Yes, done all that before calling you. "OK, we'll raise this as a fault."

Monday, I contact for an update or estimated TTR. Get asked to do some more tests. I point out that this would have been helpful to have been told on Sat when I was reporting it but hey-ho, nevermind. So I go home, plug into the Test socket and there's no change. Call Helpdesk. Wait >30m to speak to someone. Try to pass on the information about the test results and was told I didn't need to, they would know and you could have just updated the ticket online and not waste time on the phone. Bit odd to be made to feel like I was in the wrong there, but OK genius, how am I going to update the ticket without Internet?

Tue - no contact, so try and see what is going. Get told it will be up to 72h.

Wed afternoon - 72h have passed, no contact, ask for update. Get told it's 72h mon-fri so Mo-Tu 24, Tu-We 48, We-Th 72. Interesting application of 72 hours at this point. Get promised that someone from faults will call before 5pm. Nope. Instead, get SMS at 9.35pm telling me to check my ticket online... Manage to get 3g signal (just) check update to see that apparently I have done no testing and would I mind testing the Test socket? Go to bed a bit angry.

Thu - live chat again wanting either call from Faults or to speak to manager/supervisor. Get told to do one. No-one can escalate, customers can't talk to managers, there is no facility to actually make anything happen. We've got to wait for the faults team to do something. Get cross. Point out that it's the customer's decision if they want to talk to a manager. Get told that the live chat agent is hungry and should be on a break right now. Clearly his stomach is of more concern than the customer. I point out that I am within 14 days and can still cancel. So he puts me through to cancellations. Cancellations refuse to accept my username and then disconnect me from live chat.

So, nearly a week without Internet because someone has cocked up either at Plusnet or the cabinet. But I don't merit an update, a TTR, an explanation, anything. I am just expected to sit here with my hands crossed and my tongue tied while we all wait for someone in faults to lift a phone 96 hours after they logged their own ticket.

Can anyone give me a good reason why I should not cancel at this point as Plusnet seem to not give a fig about customer service and won't even let you talk to them about it?

7 REPLIES 7
run187
Dabbler

Re: Disgraceful customer service

Customer service has taken a dive recently .seems like the fob you off with bs rather then fix the problem

Dosent help much there over selling broadband/fibre and the already [paying custmers have to suffer ,example being unlimted fibre at 5 pound a month for 12 months (they did not think this would effect the network why?)

Yet me who has been with them what 6-7 year has to pay full price ..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN have moved away from Good,,  to quantity not quality in the past 6 years Sad  

They will get worse before they get better

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

its a shame because plusnet used to be one of the best for customer services and services, in the 5 years ive been here its only been the past 2 years ive noticed its been going downhill, its the people at the top making it go downhill.

run187
Dabbler

Ill be moving away from the bt network once my contract is up ,i was planing to go to vodap but they will be just as bad soon,there service will be oversold and the network will be throttled .

Found another isp with uk based support so in 7 months ill be going to them,unless plusnet offer me a free migratioon ..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Honestly i must say i have enjoyed PN and have not had any major problems ,& the small things were fixed swiftly by the good staff here Thumbs_Up and since buying my Own router its been excellent .

Like Ste said over the last few years after several promises of we will get better , all that has happened is Downhill .

i cannot believe them upstairs don't either look on here or get informed whats happening obviously don't give a T--s

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
toweliechaos
Dabbler

Oh my, this will get interesting... 

Engineer due to visit today. Get phone call from him telling me he's not coming to the house as the fault is external (imagine if only someone had suggested that from the start...). Seems openreach sent a monkey originally who claimed to put a 100 pair panel in but actually only put a 50 in. Also claimed to have connected me to fibre. Bit difficult for him to have done that given I'm not connected to that cabinet. Presumably this is why plusnet turned off the adsl. 

Now I have to wait for my adsl to be reconnected while someone decides how they are going to connect our fibre and fulfil the contract I'm paying for. 

Also, it would be nice if someone from plusnet wanted to talk to me about it... 

toweliechaos
Dabbler

**UPDATE**

Final update. Short version is Openreach had a crew that had 'put fibre' in my village and recorded the data that everyone was connected to Cab 2 and hooked up for fibre. Site visit confirmed hardly anyone in Cab 2, most still on Cab 1 and not even possible to link the two due to the total lack of work carried out by the original crew. This on its own is bad enough but the fact that they put in data to their systems that has now lied about everyone's status is appalling.

So in short, no fibre for me after all. Eventually, they put my ADSL back on. So that was just 3 weeks exactly without any Internet at all thanks to me saying 'yes' to a fibre offer.

I believe Plusnet are 'chasing' getting the fibre sorted (yeah, right...) in the meantime. One day, I'll add to this post when Openreach have finally done the work they signed off however long ago. Oh, and everyone else in the village is still showing as connected to Cab2 accoridng to Openreach - they've just updated my record Sad