Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount for Recommend a Friend to Plusnet

Bullet
Grafter

Discount for Recommend a Friend to Plusnet

Hello,

I’m afraid that your recent communication is not accurate and misleading in my view.
The text and graphic imply that for each successful recommendation, the customer `can save` up to £5.50.

But what you actually mean is
The discount that you get each month depends on the product that the person you recommend signs up for.
For Plusnet Value* and Extra broadband you'll get 50p off your bill every month that they are with us.
For Plusnet Value Fibre broadband you'll get 50p off your bill every month that they are with us. If they take Plusnet Extra Fibre broadband you'll get 75p off each month.
You'll also get extra discounts if they take our one of our Home Phone packages.
You can see the discount values for all of our products on this page.
There's no limit to the discount that we'll give you - the more people that join because of your recommendation the more money you'll save. We'll even start paying you if you recommend enough people.
So the advert should be reworded removing the following text “For each successful recommendation”
As it could be read that for each successful recommendation the customer will receive a discount of £5.50 and this is clearly not the case!
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Discount for Recommend a Friend to Plusnet

like most things, people dont read  
it does say those magic words "Up To" and you can indeed get £5.50 if you get some one to sign up to SDSL 2Mb
see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102218.0.html
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's a valid point though - I hadn't realised you could get so much from one referral, but now you've pointed out how I realise the ad's correct. Unfortunately I've only managed to refer one person and he's not entered my details - although I've discovered he's now connected to PlusNet!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you can get him to raise a ticket saying he was recommended by you and then you raise a ticket giving his username you should be able to get the referral payments.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bullet
Grafter

Ref: Pierre_pierre
The advert is correct then. NP - I'm Sorry I missed that, taken from the other thread....
The SDSL 2mb connection costs £99 per month, so £5.5 referral sounds about correct