cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected straight after failed direct debit

Tomtay79
Dabbler

Disconnected straight after failed direct debit

Why does plusnet keep cutting my internet when I cancel a Direct debit? There's suppose to be a 14 day period before this happens. I cancel as they can't say when it's coming out so I end up paying by card everytime.
I have tried contacting Plusnet on several occasions, not once has online chat worked and 30 - 45 minutes waiting on hold is a joke.
"We got you" my [-Censored-] backside u do, worse customer support I have ever came across. I can't wait for my contract to end

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

10 REPLIES 10
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Disconnected straight after failed direct debit

I apologise for the issues you have experienced so far, the call queues are something that we are actively working on to resolve.

When the direct debit is cancelled, the payment will be rejected by the bank. You will then receive a splash screen, letting you know that the bill is outstanding. On here you can click "Acknowledge and continue browsing", which will get you back online straight away. From the failed payment date you do have 14 days to clear the balance.

When we come to request direct debit date, we will generate the bill on a set day of each month, and the direct debit will be taken from your bank account 5 working days later.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you, and should you have any further queries please let us know.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@deank you are obviously unaware of the Bug in the failed billing page ,, It Fails to give the option to acknowledge and pay later  Shocked

Still

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Some-Bloke
Hooked

@deank    

"Actively working on"

Pfft, yeah right....It's now 2019 and you still haven't fixed it.I am getting my service cut off with no warning. This is unacceptable.

tut tut tut

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Tag(s) fixed.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @Some-Bloke,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.

After looking into your account, I can see that you spoke with an agent yesterday who resolved your issue for you. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please feel free to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

Some-Bloke
Hooked

That may be so, but it still constitutes a breach of contract.

The customer service agent was friendly and helpful, but that doesn't excuse Plusnet for breaching our contracts just because it wants customers to cough up immediately. 

The thing that you need to understand is, I woke up one day to find my internet was not working as it should be. I can't access the plusnet website because you have restricted me with absolutely no warning whatsoever and it's not the first time you've done so to me.

That guy up there who so rightly seen his backside with you over it made his comment over a year ago, and the next comment was from Plusnet support claiming that they are actively working on the problem.

So you are trying to tell me that it is totally reasonable and acceptable of you for not having fixed a "glitch" in your system after one year, that is breaching every single one of your contracts and is an issue that has been known about?

That's not ok, Plusnet.

To me, and probably every single other customer who has been unfortunate enough to have been inconvenienced with this problem, it seems like little more than spite on Plusnet's behalf.

Let's be absolutely clear, for anyone who is reading, I'm not someone who regularly doesn't pay bills and keeps utility companies waiting months on end for payment, I simply didn't have enough money in my bank on the one day the payment was supposed to come out. IU thought I had it in there but I didn't. I immediately transferred the money over and was about to log in to pay my bill, when I received a message from plusnet, basically saying, sorry mate, you didn't pay your bill on time so we restricted your internet to spite you.

I can understand it when a customer care operative is having a stressful time dealing with a system that should have been fixed ages ago, and I understand it isn't their fault and that it is the fault of plusnet, but to see that something that is making you breach your contracts  every single day still hasn't been fixed after one year is disgraceful.

This has to be sorted. No more "we are working very hard to fix this ongoing known about issue that constitutes a breach of your contract"

Get on the phone to the appropriate department and get it sorted.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Some-Bloke

I am deeply sorry about the experience you had with us.

I have passed on your feedback to the relevant team.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

Tomtay79
Dabbler

Yeah unfortunately I'm still with plusnet and I'm shocked to see this is still an on going issue.
Some-Bloke
Hooked

Did you notice that one of the plusnet mods edited deank's comment to make it look like he was talking about actively working on the call times and not the 'bug' in their system which is breaching the contracts of its users?

Mav
Fixes: 515

@Some-Bloke

Deank's post has not been edited by anyone. What makes you think it has been?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Some-Bloke
Hooked

Yes it has.