cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster signing up

seanog

Disaster signing up

I am writing to inform you of the experience I had with PlusNet when I applied for a Broadband connection.
On Friday the 13th. November I applied through a link on Martin's money saving
Got through the payment process, checking with bank etc. then a “Thank you for your payment of £192.87.”. One years line rental. Thinking my order had been accepted  I canceled my Sky account.
On Tuesday 17th. I had heard nothing. So I contacted PlusNet and was told no account existed and to try again and it would be monitored from your side. Went through the whole process again. Got to the message “Thanks for your payment etc.”. but was informed that nothing had registered PlusNet's side.
Starting to worry now as Sky account was closing in 2 weeks from  Friday the 13th.
On the 18th. Tried 3 times and the message said “ Thanks for the payment etc.”. PlusNet had no trace of me.
The final try I managed it.
It seems that I must complete a direct debit order to complete the transaction. I was paying a years payment in advance so did not see the need for a direct debit. Nowhere are you told that it is a MUST to complete the order.
So now I had 5 payments marked on the Visa system so I could not access my money at the bank. The bank could do nothing, PlusNet says it's nothing to do with them. I must wait 7 days for the payments to fail.
Not a very good start.
Also worried that I will now be without broadband for 2 weeks because of your system.