cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed

thecount
Dabbler

Disappointed

I have been experiencing slow speeds for the last 5 days, I raised a ticked on Friday when I noticed it was really bad, they repsonded on Saturday and I immediately did the tests.  I have heard nothing back and what I find hard to believe its always the customers fault and they need to do the tests however for nearly a week now I have been having slow speed and if it isnt my fault will I get a refund I doubt it.
I know I went over my limit on usage on the 7/02/2010 however I thought the cap would immediately removed once I paid and I am now wondering if it has.
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Disappointed

I know I went over my limit on usage on the 7/02/2010 however I thought the cap would immediately removed once I paid and I am now wondering if it has.

Yep, it was removed.
The issue you're having at the moment is that your IP Profile has been reduced, possibly due to a number of disconnections on your line. As long as your line stays stable and connected at a higher speed, you'll see the IP Profile increase in around 72 hours and then the speeds you are seeing will increase too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thecount
Dabbler

Thnaks for that however I am not even acheiving the 2Mbps as stated
"The BRAS profile is responsible for regulating the maximum throughput (data rate) you will receive on your broadband service. Initially this is set to 2Mbps (if the line rate is above 2272kbps), but it will increase if your line can support higher speeds than this. The first data rate increase should take place within 75 minutes of your first connection. Your BRAS profile however, changes only when a stable connection has been made for a period of time; this may be up to 3 days in some cases. The BRAS Profile will also drop should the line rate decrease significantly."
I was also wondering why I keep getting diconnects considering I leave my router on 24/7

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thecount,
Given that you've got your router plugged into the test socket, you've pretty much proved that it's a fault with the line itself though if you could test with a different router or modem to prove that that isn't the cause then that would also help the fault along.
If the connection is still dropping with the router in the test socket (which it appears to be) then we need to get this escalated to our suppliers for you - I'll get some testing done and update your ticket for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's all done and raised for you now - we'll let you know as soon as we get any updates.
thecount
Dabbler

I was told that I need to have a stable connection for the speeds to rise and I think as of Friday I had a satble conection for 48 hours, I was wondering when the speeds should start to rise.
Thnaks for your help
pierre_pierre
Grafter

normally starts moving on day three and then can take up to ten day to reach your max
to satisfy your self, you dont have to post the results, do the BT test to get there profile http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
and check you PN profile, which can be 12 hours behind  https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
If you do post any dont post your phone number
thecount
Dabbler

Can you remove the seconf link please as it has my phone number on it
itsme
Grafter

If you are referring to pierre links there is no need to worry as the link take you to the members area and show the information only for user that has logged in. If you logout of the members portal then use the link it will confirm what I have just said.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There is a bit of a discrepancy between the 2 systems which report your line profile to us, one says 7000 and the other 500. I've upped the profile our side to 7000 to match the higher one, can you try a reboot of your modem/router and see if the speeds improve?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.