cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit issues

Surfer
Grafter

Direct debit issues

Through no fault of ours, due to insufficient funds at the beginning of the month I had to cancel the DD to prevent the bank charging me £30 for the privilage of being overdrawn.  I then went onto the Plus Net site to re-instate the DD and thsi was acceptedand I recevied an email advising the DD will happen on 09/06/201.  Today Ireceive and email advising that DD had failed although ther were sufficient funds.  A check showed that PlusNet had not raised a new DD therefore DD could not happen.  I have tried to log into my account to see if I can pay by card tro clear the £5.99 but as i have not paid the £5.99 I cannot access my account..  All I get is a silly message advising "arrange payment" but you can't do this as ylou cannot access your account or make an Online payment????????????  
I hold up my hands as I was guilty of cancelling the DD but why make it so awkward to then pay it a day later?  Why can't you log online and make a payment and get it out of the way?  If you can't do this why didn't they set up a new DD when you authorised this?
I am loath to phone a call centre in South Africa and to give them my card details so is there another way to make a payment?
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Direct debit issues

You could try Sheffield on 0114 296 5198.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi surfer,
Assuming I'm trustworthy ;), if you can PM me a contact number (or you're available on the mobile number we have on your account) I'd be happy to call you and arrange this? Other option is to update them yourself via the members centre here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card&s=0
If you update the card details there and let us know when it's been done we'll take it from there (if it's a debit card the details will be removed automatically after the first transaction, otherwise let me know if you want them removing afterwards and I'll make it so.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks.  Any reason why they try and make it so difficult for you to pay?  Most other companies would be happy to get you to part with your cash?  Huh  I will try the Sheffield number.
magnetism2772
Grafter

hope it all works out smoothly
the english language is not adequate when man and capitalism coexist together
Surfer
Grafter

Grin  
dick:quote
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Your DD has been submitted, but is not active yet. Hence the issues with resubmitting the payment (as far as the system is concerned you don't have a DD at the moment).
On a related note, you'll be pleased to hear we're currently looking at the failed billing process in general, and planning changes to make it better.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Mand.  All sorted now.  What would be brilliant is if one could pay either for several months in advance or a year in advance.  At leaast then yo u know the subscriber is going to stay with PlusNet for that period especially in times like this.
Mand
Grafter

You can, in theory, it just requires a little manual intervention.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Computers are stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If only more people would complain,  we would have less automation in everything we are made to while we are  with them
typically in the case of broadband services,  better  customer relationships, (impossible with a machine)
and we would all feel at last we have arrived some where better
magnetism2772
Grafter

I hope Plusnets orders/other services are not a robotic process i..e cancellations etc
and if they are ? That they have a person/people button that one can press should interaction/intervention be needed
at any time  Cool
magnetism2772
Grafter

Try cancelling an order or your broadband with a robot,
As  yet you cant do it, somewhere you will need to speak to a person who is in control
Computers are not in control !!!!!!!!!!
Mand
Grafter

There's always a button we can press. Wink