cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 1

welshman
Dabbler

Day 1

Transition from Orange ( never again!!) was seamless!! updates via text ! speedtests throughout day 1 seem fine.
love the usage graphs etc, so far I am seriously impresed - exellent package for the price 80gb and unmetered after 12!
I will be reccomending you to others without a doubt!
8 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Day 1

and Welcome to the Forums Cool
Fixes: 75

Yes welcome to Plusnet and the forums welshman.
Glad to hear you're having a good experience and stick around in the forums. We are a crazy lot but friendly Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

A welcome from me too Smiley
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.
welshman
Dabbler

Had a bit of a letdown though! Usenet throttling throughout the day! didnt know that and was not told when I asked the sales guy!! can anyone confirm NO THROTTLING after 12am?
If I cant get decent DL on usenet its not really a premium service!
If its open after 12 I can live with it, after all I have lived with orange for 2 years - at least i can get hold of customer support with PN who speak English :-)
Also the web interface is something any other ISP needs to behold, exactly as a user account should be --- acessible.
Even with the usenet hiccup I'm a happy bunny ( as long as the taps fully open after 12!!!!)

Have a look here for a guide to traffic shaping.
Pick your product from the drop down.
No restrictions between midnight and 8:00am except for the fact that a great many downloads are scheduled for this period as can be expected.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
welshman
Dabbler

Hi, its a bit more brutal than that :-(
see here  http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml#premiumSpeeds
I am on the "Premuin" package pretty well throttled :-(

Not after midnight.

Mand
Grafter

Midnight to midday should give decent performance on Usenet.
Worth mentioning that downloads between midnight and 8am are also not counted as part of your usage allowance. Wink