Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Disconnection

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: DSL Disconnection

that is not unique to PN.
you'll find that to be the case with any business. new customers get the better deals as an incentive to join.
genghisvader
Dabbler

Well, for those interested, here's a summary of events, and where I'm left regarding my house move and fibre migration:
1. Enquired about a house move on the 7th September, told I couldn't request it until the phone line had been transferred
2. Lost BB connectivity on the afternoon of the 7th - assumed it was a temporary fault
3. Reported to Plus Net on the 8th
4. Chased on the 9th, then phone on the 11th to be told an operator had "ceased" my connection by mistake. Told re-connection in 5-7 days (after my imminent house move)
5. Moved house on the 15th, phone line transferred by BT
6. On the 18th I called and asked for my package to now be transferred to my new address. Told the following:
    - no reason why I could not have ordered earlier in time for house move, I had been misinformed
    - told I now need to take out new contract, minimum 18-month term
    - date of installation was 6 October a full 21 days after ordering
6. On the 17th I called - 52 minute wait on hold - to ask if this could be moved forward. Offered to self-install. Plus Net sent me a modem and said this would make it quicker.
7. On the 18th I get a voicemail telling me that I had been misinformed (again) and it would be the 6th
8. Modem arrived okay, but is useless until the 6th
So thanks PlusNet. You cut me off and left me without service for an entire month. Right over a house move so I've been left to hotspot on my mobile phone, or stay late at work and change all my addresses and other online stuff at the office. Kids can't do their homework, wife can't stream TV, and I can't work from home either.
Unhappy about being misinformed by the support staff more than once - even thought they were friendly, helpful and trying their best.
I would really prefer to switch to BT now, but I'm unable to place the order due to work going on at the exchange. Really torn now whether to exit the PlusNet contract and just wait a bit longer for a BT connection. After a month, another few days is really not that big a deal.
I really feel I've been mugged.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: genghisvader
Well can you take that cynic somewhere else please, you're contributing nothing here.

Snap.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

This is the feedback board, genghisvader contributed their feedback. Last time I checked, that's what this board is for.