cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut-off(er) Service

Razer
Grafter

Cut-off(er) Service

I'm getting really hacked off now. I've been trying to phone up customer service about a billing mistake I knew a month ago would be made (so I was already hacked off), only to find a 20 minute wait time. I waited with the seemingly never-ending switch between badly edited parts of very quiet 80s tracks interspersed with crackling and the very LOUD and very annoying 'cheery Yorkshireman' with his message of how sorry PN are to keep me waiting - over and over and over and over again. As I near the end of the wait time I get cut off. I phone again and the same thing happens.
Yeah, I really believe that PN are SO sorry to keep me waiting that their phone system cuts me off. Please fix it.
As an aside: When it comes to audio, please learn about normalisation and get yourself a better audio editor. Oh, and please drop this horrible 'cheery Yorkshireman'. I could choke on his affected, airy sincerity after 20 minutes of ear-blasting from him.
4 REPLIES 4
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Cut-off(er) Service

Years ago I'm sure the message used to say you are n'th in the que. If it wasn't PN then it was one of the other companies I use and it was really good to know where I was in the que.
At present when I call I also try to look at the support centre stats online to try and judge where I am in the que.
podman
Razer
Grafter

Yes, I've had occasions when I've phoned up some company and there is an announcement of where you are in the queue every so often; it's really helpful. In this instance, however, it wouldn't have made a difference because I kept getting disconnected. Since that call my line has gone haywire and I have no internet connection at all and can't use my phone at all either (currently logged in through my mobile). I had noticed some small crackling on the line a few days ago, so being cut off may have been due to what was evidently a developing problem with my line.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the issue being cut off.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Razer
Grafter

It's very kind of you to say, Adam, so thank you.