cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers deserve to know when you re-write your Acceptable Use Policy

pmf

Customers deserve to know when you re-write your Acceptable Use Policy

It looks like you've done a significant rewrite to your Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) this week.
http://www.changedetection.com/log/net/plus/aup_log.html
Apparently your customers are supposed to keep track of this themselves:
7.1. We may change our Acceptable Usage Policy from time to time and will inform you on this website when we do so.
7.2. It is your responsibility to regularly check our website for changes and updates to the AUP.
7.3. Your continued use of any of our Services after any change to our AUP shall constitute acceptance of the changes.

So you can totally change the rules and you'll assume that we accept the new rules without even notifying us!
That's not the sort of customer treatment I have come to expect from Plusnet Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Customers deserve to know when you re-write your Acceptable Use Policy

Looking at the changelog I totally fail to see what you are complaining about as the changes aren't in fact on content of the page
Looking at the page source I can't even find the word "speed" from the latest change notification
I suspect that it is looking at changes in the linked pages at the bottom
chrcoluk
Grafter

A contract that requires one party to check for updates of their own accord isnt legally binding in the UK.
So if plusnet ever want to enforce that AUP I suggest they make changes to their policies.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for flagging this up to me on Twitter.
7.4. Please note that our AUP's were last updated in December 2014.

Not to nitpick, but you have missed out the next paragraph that tells our customers that we've just updated the policy.
As a rule, we have to communicate out any changes made that may have a detrimental effect to our customers. I'll do a bit of digging and find out exactly what has changed. As there has been no internal comms yet, it may be that we may have just made it more concise.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pmf

Thanks MattyC and apologies on missing out 7.4 - you're quite right that I did.
In my view, knowing when it last changed isn't very helpful without the content of that change - I did read the AUP thoroughly when I signed up, broadly agreed with it, and keep an eye on any subsequent changes to check that I still agree.
(If this sounds bonkers, I suggest you try it - you may be surprised how often other companies try to do this!!)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

As suspected, the changes to the page have been purely cosmetic.
I'm pretty impressed that you managed to spot them so quickly though!
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet