cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support, thanks again

Mav
Fixes: 515

Customer support, thanks again

I realised, once I got to my mum's where we're staying for just over two weeks, that I'd probably miss some important calls so set about investigating Call Divert.
I found a thread where someone else was able to get it added using the ticket system. I decided to ring and equire and, although wait times were announced as 15 minutes it was answered in less than 5 seconds.
The agent checked the viability of my request then added Call Divert with my chosen number which should be available by Tuesday.
Very happy with the service, again. Thanks!
Just to confirm that, apart from the £2.50 monthly fee, having the call diverted to a landline number which is within my tarrif should mean that I incur no extra charges.
One other thing... If we do happen to go out for a day or two it would be great to be able to change the diverted-to number via the portal. Has this been discussed before? Is it even possible to implement?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Customer support, thanks again

Hi,
From here - https://portal.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml
Call Divert
Divert your calls to any UK landline, mobile, and most international destinations.
When this feature is used, you'll be charged for the diverted part of each call where applicable (e.g. the cost of calling the number you're diverting to from your line).
How to use Call Divert

To - You should
Set up Call Divert Dial -  * (Code) * (Number to divert to) #
Check Call Divert Dial -  * # (Code) #
Cancel Call Divert Dial -  # (Code) #
There are 3 codes you can use:
• 21 - Divert all calls
• 61 - Divert calls that aren't answered within 15 seconds
• 67 - Divert calls when your line is engaged

I am not aware of any means of set up diverts on line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav

Quote from: Townman
I am not aware of any means of set up diverts on line.

No, but I think it would be beneficial to be able to change the diverted-to number online when you may be moving around and having calls continuously diverted to a mobile isn't practical or becomes expensive. You can't always get back home to do this from your own phone.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I do not disagree with you, but I do not work for PN.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's a good idea, in theory - something I'll pass on as feedback.
I'm unsure of the implications of this and how long the order actually takes to complete when changing the number you're diverting to, I'll pass this on though.
Mav

Just to confirm that the Call Divert was activated this morning and working.
One thing that surpised me is that the Caller Display shows the original number dialed from and not my home number, but that's a good thing Smiley
Something else I noticed in the Call Features panel is that Call Divert never showed as pending and isn't showing as active. Not a criticism, just an observation.
All in all, very satsfied by the prompt service received Smiley