cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Joker161
Hooked

Customer service

I hear PlusNet has won awards for its 'customer service'. Odd then that I seem to hold on forever on the 0800 number (I tried at 7.30 this morning) and the 'online chat' service doesn't seem to work - it just says 'connecting' forever. One tip for getting through - press the 'I'm leaving' option then it's much quicker. If anyone from PlusNet is reading this my landline still isn't working. We very rarely use it so I'm not sure why we have to pay for it. I'll be ringing the 'leave' phone option soon so hopefully I'll get to talk to you...

13 REPLIES 13
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Customer service

you have broadband/internet, yes? how else do you think it gets into your house without a landline?
Joker161
Hooked

I see there are 'broadband only' deals. I assume the line can be used for that purpose only and the phone line is cut. That seems to be the case for me at the moment, so I need to get that part of my bill cut...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I also have a Phone line Azn  which i rarely use , mobile is cheaper

I would have thought 99.9 % of people understand you have to have a phone line for BB as well Crazy2

unless your a Virgin and have BB only

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Joker161
Hooked

PlusNet have broadband only deals. Am I missing something?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

yes

2017-08-02_092833.jpg

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@Joker161 wrote:

I see there are 'broadband only' deals. 

Plusnet offers broadband only, with a surcharge, but if taking that option you need to pay another service provider for the telephone line.

Joker161
Hooked

I see! Thank you.

I'm thinking there's no point wasting time getting the landline fixed if I never use it and I have to pay for it anyway. The benefit of having it working could well be outweighed by the time/effort of getting it fixed.

chenks76
All Star

@Joker161 wrote:

I see there are 'broadband only' deals. I assume the line can be used for that purpose only and the phone line is cut. That seems to be the case for me at the moment, so I need to get that part of my bill cut...

wrong.
the "broadband only" package is where you have line rental with someone other than plusnet.

chenks76
All Star

@Joker161 wrote:

I'm thinking there's no point wasting time getting the landline fixed if I never use it and I have to pay for it anyway. The benefit of having it working could well be outweighed by the time/effort of getting it fixed.

your landline needs to be working properly for broadband to work properly.

Joker161
Hooked

My broadband seems fine at the moment, although I've switch to fibre and I'm only on 20 meg. By the way, the phone line stopped working when I ordered fibre. Hmm...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Which fibre product are you on FTTC or FTTP?

A properly working phone line is essential for FTTC - sound like there is a fault somewhere.  Have you got a dial tone?  Is the line quiet (not noisy)? If you phone your number (from a mobile) does it ring out?  If the answer to any of these is "No" you should raise a phone fault report - use the link below.

If you have FTTP fibre, then indeed you can dispense with the phone line, though you will lose the discount on the broadband given for also having the phone service with Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Joker161
Hooked

Thanks! Very useful.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

I removed a few posts that added nothing to help the OP.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still