cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service /drop outs/buffering !

ferkemall
Dabbler

Customer service /drop outs/buffering !

Been with on for a long time ,when I first joined I did not have any problems  and when I did they were helpful but now its a different matter apparently the fact that it drops out dozens of times a day is not their fault its my router and the fact that now its started buffering is down to the router it started bad some months ago after going through the usual hoops of speed checks /line checks it turns out that it could be my microwave oven or iv moved the router or something else ,it  got worse pn is not responsable for the fact that its routers are [Censored] and perhaps i should use another router ,the only change in all of this was and is the service ,the customer service was from the start defensive and off hand the excuses given were insulting along with the manor ,30 to answer the call .
Online live chat prior to the call resulted in me having to type out 2 messages listing the faults that no one read the 3rd message was you have not replied to my 2 messages met with perhaps you can tell me whats wrong  ,the reacuring theme in all of this was no one was going to anything about a rubbish service that me and thousands are paying good money for a service thats deteriorated ,i have with listed faults are down to me but they are still taking the money ,
Well the person on live chat said perhaps i should change provider , dont worry thats on the cards , iv been patient it now seems when you phone up its like they are reading from a corporate leagal script ,your friendly north eastern  customer service has turned into a pit bull ,
Oh they just sent me an email well I will read it ,I doubt it will say we will fix it !
2 REPLIES 2
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Customer service /drop outs/buffering !

Can you get statistics from your router?    If you're serious about the microwave comment, it should be easy enough to look at error rates with the microwave running, and with it switched off at the mains.  Is your streaming problem only apparent over wireless, or does give problems with a direct Ethernet connection as well.  In my opinion the routers supplied by Plusnet are pretty basic (what do you expect for £5.99), but should not be as bad as you make out.  It sounds like you only started getting these issues recently, so it could be that your router has now become faulty, or it could be a recent fault on your line. 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Customer service /drop outs/buffering !

Sounds like the line may have developed a fault!