cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer for only 30 minutes and already TWO bad experiences!!!

scopsey

Customer for only 30 minutes and already TWO bad experiences!!!

Signed up 30 mins ago.
1) Sign-up process asks for your MAC Key 'if you have it' but indicates it isn't an issue if you don't. Email that comes through after sign-up says I MUST supply it. The inference of the sign-up process is if you don't know it PlusNet will make it easy and find it for you. Which is it? Must I supply it or not?
2) Called the support number for clarification. WOW! Could it have been less helpful? Apparently due to 'extreme weather conditions' there is an HOUR LONG QUEUE TO TALK TO SOMEONE. I saw a weather forecast only a few minutes ago and the storm of TWO WEEKENDS AGO has definitely moved on now. Gave up after about fifteen minutes. Very poor line quality also.
In the expression "We'll do you proud". Who is the 'you' of which you speak? It certainly isn't me and that was a good proportion of why I signed up.
BTW - When you sign up what the heck is "Nickname" for a credit or debit card? No explanation but it is compulsory. I don't tend to give my cards names and I'm pretty certainly they don't feel rejected because of it.
So far 1 out of 10 for doing me proud. It had better get better and quickly!

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Customer for only 30 minutes and already TWO bad experiences!!!

Hi and welcome to the forums,
If you already have Broadband and are moving it to PlusNet then you need a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code). The exception is when moving from a full LLU service such as TalkTalk or Sky.
The support line does seem to have intolerably long waits at the moment, PN are in the process of opening a new(additional) support facility in Leeds and hopefully that should improve matters.
For information you can check the current wait times here http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
Whilst this forum is not a formal support facility, PN have a team of people(Digital Care Team) who monitor posts here. They only work 9-5 Mon-Fri though, unlike the CSC which is 24/7, but I'm sure one of them will spot your post
and confirm whether you need a MAC or not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi scopsey,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had problems during the sign up journey. I'll do my best to cover the points you raised here.
1) Sign-up process asks for your MAC Key 'if you have it' but indicates it isn't an issue if you don't. Email that comes through after sign-up says I MUST supply it. The inference of the sign-up process is if you don't know it PlusNet will make it easy and find it for you. Which is it? Must I supply it or not?

It isn't a requirement to submit your MAC Code during the signup journey (we will need it in this case) but not all new customers have it at the point of sign up - this is why we allow for you to submit this at a later date. Once you have obtained your MAC Code from your previous supplier, you can submit this to us as per the e-mail you received.
2) Called the support number for clarification. WOW! Could it have been less helpful? Apparently due to 'extreme weather conditions' there is an HOUR LONG QUEUE TO TALK TO SOMEONE. I saw a weather forecast only a few minutes ago and the storm of TWO WEEKENDS AGO has definitely moved on now. Gave up after about fifteen minutes. Very poor line quality also.

I completely appreciate that the call wait times are long at the moment and this is something we are working to improve. You can view our current wait times at http://csc.plus.net - the message has been put on our phone system as a high number of customers are calling regarding faults from the storms that hot a short time ago, so it's important that we set an expectation before leaving you to wait in the queue.
In the expression "We'll do you proud". Who is the 'you' of which you speak? It certainly isn't me and that was a good proportion of why I signed up.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, I hope we can turn this around for you and do you proud.
BTW - When you sign up what the heck is "Nickname" for a credit or debit card? No explanation but it is compulsory. I don't tend to give my cards names and I'm pretty certainly they don't feel rejected because of it.

Some of our customers like to use more than one card, so they use a nickname such as 'NatWest' or 'Barclays' to differentiate between the cards they use.
Please do let us know if there is anything that we can help with and we''ll certainly do what we can for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BT have a huge backlog of faults to deal with as a result of the storm, that takes some time to work through.
See http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1384336233.htm for details of the latest notice they sent to Plusnet about this. You can find the earlier notices at http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/
The problems have a knock on affect with higher call volumes on Plusnet's call centre which will obviously affect all Plusnet users, not just those in the affected regions.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)