cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support slipping badly

DerekBeaumaris
Dabbler

Customer Support slipping badly

Twice this year I have lost service from Plusnet. Firstly Open Reach terminated my fibre broadband without notice and then took 3 weeks to reconnect it and more recently I lost my phone line for 6 days due to a simple line fault outside the house. We all know that Open reach area complete shower but in both cases Plusnet were at least partly to blame. My experience is that the people you speak to are knowledgable and helpfuil but the systems are so inflexible that they are hamstrung in trying to help with OpenReach problems. Waiting times for customer suppport were up to an hour and the music just awful - distorted and repetitive,The waiting times are within plusnet's control and the excuse of bad weather is wearing thin. This is Britain. We get bad weather.

Incidentally no offer of compensation for 6 days without a phone line. It cost me £10 in mobile charges.

Plusnet used to proudly trade on their customer service and my early experience of them fully backed that up. My experience over the last 12 months suggests that they have deteriorated badly - probaly under pressure from BT retail to reduce the competition. I can't help thinking that the common ownership of by BT of both OpenReach and Plusnet is not helpful. 

I live in a rural area so have no choice - but it will come and then they will pay for poor service.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Customer Support slipping badly

@DerekBeaumaris - Apologies that this post wasn't picked up.

From having a look at your account, is this post regarding the phone fault from back in September? I'll ensure that your fault downtime is refunded. Apologies for the poor experience that you've had.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
DerekBeaumaris
Dabbler

Re: Customer Support slipping badly

Yes it is..

Thanks