cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service failed to call back as promised

HTeeBee
Grafter

Customer Service failed to call back as promised

I am trying to downgrade my existing PN 76/20 unlimited FTTC to 38/20 unlimited, as my line only syncs at 38Mbps.
I phoned CS a couple of weeks ago and was told that even though it was only a PN s/w cap, I would have to commit to a new 18 month term. Initially I was unhappy but I was offered a reasonable deal. I was also advised that it would be better to change over on the day before my billing date (as the service would change on the billing date), so that I would than be able to see how the 38/20 performed during the 14 day cooling off period.
That sounded like a reasonable course of action so I was promised a call back on the day before my billing date to agree the new T&Cs on that date.
Epic fail! No call back.
If one of the PN reps could re-open ticket #98383741 and arrange for the promised call back a month later, on the day before my next billing date, that would be great.

8 REPLIES 8
HTeeBee
Grafter

Re: Customer Service failed to call back as promised

Any comment from the Plusnet team?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't see why there was a need to wait until the day before billing, no matter when an account change is ordered it always happens on the next billing date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HTeeBee
Grafter

I was told it's because the new 18 month term has a 14 day cooling off period from the date the change is requested/agreed over the phone. So if, for example, the change is asked for more than 2 weeks prior to the billing date then the cooling off would expire before having chance to see how the new product performs.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CRT,
Is there really a need to force a new contractural period here?  Due to matters beyond your control (BT infrastructure) it is not possible to deliver a service matching the currently paid for service profile.  Therefore it would seem reasonable that the user be switched to a service package matching the service being delivered for the remainder of the existing contract - unless it is accepted that there is an outstanding fault which can be and is in the process of being rectified.
T&Cs
Broadband family
12. If you want to change to another Plusnet broadband service you may do so at any time. If you have a minimum period remaining this will be carried forward to your new product and your termination charges will be updated to reflect your new plan. Details of product termination charges can be found in the Price guide.
Fibre
Cancellation
The Broadband line speed that we quote when you order the service is an estimate only. Once your Broadband speed has settled (usually 10 days after provision), if you are always getting line speeds lower than the estimated range that we quoted, you can contact us any time within the first 90 days after you ordered the service and we will try to improve the speed. If, despite any improvements we try to make, the line speed you get is significantly lower than the estimated range we quoted you when you placed your order for the service (go to Speed Check Estimates for more details) you will be entitled to cancel your broadband contract without paying a charge for ending it early subject to you following our instructions to resolve the problem.

Is this line performing below the estimate?  If the answer is yes and the user could have exited without penalty, then why can they not simply switch to the cheaper tariff without needing to agree to a new minimum 18 month contract?
Please discuss.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi HTeeBee,
Sorry this wasn't picked up beforehand. Are you still happy to change your package? If so, I'll get it changed for you. No idea why it would have been easier to do it just before the billing date, so will mention it to the agent you spoke with.  Roll_eyes
@Townman - You would be correct. However, HTeeBee was actually on one of the older packages that was governed by levels of usage, rather than speeds (though he was still on unlimited). On top of that, it's been offered as a discounted price for the loyalty of recontracting.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matty,
Thank you for the clarification (for all readers) that this was not a downgrade from "Fibre Extra" to "Fibre" - which is the way it read (at least to me!) - and therefore thought to be unreasonable and surprizing.  Embarrassed
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HTeeBee
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Are you still happy to change your package? If so, I'll get it changed for you.

@MattyC
Yes please, if the discounted price I was offered remains valid. Could you also confirm that the 14 day cooling off applies from the date the package is changed? I'm not expecting any surprises with the implementation of the 38Mbps cap - however, ... Undecided   
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Yeah sure, the price remains valid. 14 days from the day it changes (04/03).
@Kevin - You would have had a point otherwise!  Grin
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet