cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Retention

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Customer Retention

Just off the phone with Plusnet and I have to say I am very sad that they are about to lose a long standing customer.
I want to move from ADSL to fibre and Plusnet want £17.50/month for up to 40Mb broadband and tie me in for 18 months.
BT, on the other hand, want £18.00/month for up to 40Mb broadband but only tie me into a 12 month contract AND give me BT Sport AND give me a £125 Sainsburys gift voucher.
I love Plusnet but it seems that the BT offer is considerably better. I do place a value on the great customer service that Plusnet provides, but this is a considerable difference. The £125 gift voucher gives me a fair chunk of my annual costs back, and BT Sport is included whilst Plusnet want some extra money for that too.
So MAC requested, and ready to move.
Plusnet - Is there any movement on your offer? I would like to stay - but I can't ignore such a difference in offers.
Thanks for any feedback.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Customer Retention

Are you in a Market 1 or Market A exchange http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ as otherwise they aren't offering any discount on the full price which is ridiculous
If on Market 1 then to be honest you would be better off moving as I would never recommend Plusnet on a Market 1 exchange
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Did you speak to COT?  I was Mkt 1 and always got a good deal from PN admittedly it was a 2 year deal but I was fine with that.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Yes, Market 1 Exchange. I thought it was the COT I was speaking to, but maybe (hopefully) it wasn't and they can do something.
The sad thing is, I would really like to stay with Plusnet, and if they could just move a little with the offer, there is a good chance it would be enough. I am not expecting Plusnet to send me a £125 Sainsburys voucher, but I am not made of money, and there is only so much extra I am willing to pay for Plusnet - and right now, BT is offering a significantly better deal.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The contact for COT is
    0800 013 2632
    0330 123 9197
    8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am - 7pm Saturday
    9am - 6pm Sunday
which is the same number you call to get a MAC
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the numbers Jim.
When I called the main number, the options I went through were the "If you are thinking of leaving Plusnet. press..."
So I am assuming this was the COT team?