Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Customer Loyalty

I've been a customer since September 2003 and since that time I've seen no end of offers for new customers almost giving them broadband for nothing at times. During the 8 plus years I've never been offered any sort of discount for my loyalty, even tight fisted insurance companies give you discounts. It would appear that to get the best value is to leave and re join because you aint going to get it any other way.
You often feel that old customers subsidise new customers and damn stupid BB sponsorship. Makes me crindge seeing those BB adds.
29 REPLIES 29
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Customer Loyalty

If you ring PN Towers they may be able to help.  I contacted them and got a nice reduction in my monthly fee without any alteration to my package.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

All you've got to do is ask. They are usually happy to apply a discount for long-standing customers.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just don't tell everyone because if too many people get discounts then the prices will have to go up.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ChrisL
Rising Star

Be prepared to commit to another 12 months ... if you've been a customer for years, this doesn't usually hurt, and it impresses the people you're asking  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can't discuss it openly on here George but as mentioned do get in touch as we may be able to help you with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Looks like you have another satisfied customer on the way Adam Wink Wink
bobboulby
Grafter

It's not really right that loyal customers should have to ask to get a better deal. The best way to keep your customers happy is to treat them fairly.
Bob
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's not really right though that loyal customers should have to ask to get a better deal

I don't think we're treating anyone unfairly Bob, it would be nigh on impossible for us to proactively define who is and who isn't a loyal customer then make some kind of gesture to all of them.
It's something we can discuss but you would need to ask first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobboulby
Grafter

Some sort of offer based on how long you've been a customer would be easy to implement.
Like glloyd, I tend to think that existing customers get overlooked in the offer stakes. Just to add though that PlusNet are not the only company that do this !
Bob
kyber
Rising Star

I think it is reasonable to wait for a customer to ask. If the customer is not sufficiently bothered to make the call then they probably are not about to leave. There is usually a retention opportunity for those that do wish to transfer. The exceptions would be a low percentage I would expect. Does not make sense to do this proactively in my opinion.
That said, I think there is possibly a middle ground whereby some other gift could be issued in recognition from time to time. Raising of caps/ limits, a one off credit, a gift voucher. Need to avoid recomplicating the product range though having recently gone to the trouble of simplifying it. Key is to find something that has a relatively marginal cost, is appreciated by the customer and does not have an ongoing impact on revenue.
glloyd
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I can't discuss it openly on here George but as mentioned do get in touch as we may be able to help you with that.

Sorted, thanks.
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Out of interest how many of the customers with PlusNet for more than 18 months are on tarriffs that could be reduced if they asked?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry christmas, we're not able to share that information I'm afraid. However each and every one of those customers (unless opted out) would have received an email from us each time a new account type was made available.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Thank you Adam for the response.
I understand marketing people consider they are lucky if they get a 10% response.