cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

reserved
Grafter

Re: Customer Loyalty

Reading this thread prompted me to give COT a call and was immediately offered the discount that applies to new customers  Grin
Well done Plusnet  Cool
mapletree
Grafter

IIRC there was an offer a few years ago to existing customers which reduced the monthly charge if you promised to stay for a while.  I can't remember all the details now.  However it wasn't well publicised as I only found out about it by chance and you had to ask.
FWIW A lot of companies give big discounts to new customers and charge their "loyal" customers more.  I left the AA due to that. They
bumped my annual premium up by about 50% and offered only new customers a discount.
I wonder whether PN will give me a discount if I ask since I'm just moving to FTTC?  Wink
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Worth a try mapletree.  A lot of us have asked and been pleasantly surprised Smiley Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think they have my account on the blacklist - don't give him anything at all and then we might get rid of him  Sad
mapletree
Grafter

I'd have thought it would be reasonable to give you a discount since you moderate these forums.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Seconded Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: mapletree
I'd have thought it would be reasonable to give you a discount since you moderate these forums.
The chances of that are somewhere between no and fat otherwise I would be accused of being biased.
Actually I am one of the users they don't make much money from being on Value and usually getting to within half a GB of 10GB every month  Grin
mapletree
Grafter

OTOH you are providing a service to PN for which I presume you are not being paid?  In this case a token in the form of a discount would be a nice gesture.  If people accuse you of bias then that's their problem (unless it's true ;))
I used to use <2GB/month.  Now it's more than 30G  Shocked
mapletree
Grafter

Success  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Oldjim
Actually I am one of the users they don't make much money from being on Value and usually getting to within half a GB of 10GB every month  Grin

They make a fair amount from me as I rarely exceed 1/3rd of my allocated 60GB and by very little if I have done.
(Hence my suggestion for a product midway between 10GB and 60GB)
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
randpwar
Grafter

I too have been a PN customer for a while and have just gone over to PN for my phone and FTTC because it’s much faster broadband and the same phone deal and cheaper than what I was previously paying BT and PN. I know we would all like to pay less but I do believe that my ‘loyalty bonus’ is an excellent service and products at a reasonable price  Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

Personally I think having basically just two products (Value & Extra) is not enough to please everyone.  I would like PN to introduce bespoke packages where you choose your allowances and traffic shaping and you get an individual price.  I realize this may not be easy to implement but it's worth a thought.
Mark
Grafter

I would like PN to introduce bespoke packages where you choose your allowances and traffic shaping and you get an individual price

Where's Ian Wild when you need him? For those who dont know, Ian was one of the resident Plusnet guru's back in the day and ended up as our products manager, prior to his moving to pastures new. Around 4 (maybe more) years ago, Ian presented Broadband Your Way to the business. In essence he made a business case for exactly what you have suggested. We built it, partially, when we launched the original BBYW products, but the market changed and demand changed and Ian's vision never came to fruition.
To build something like this nowdays would be extremely complex and I'd imagine it would deliver an equally complex sign up journey, perhaps too complex, and as such would or could put some customers off. I like the concept and I loved it back in the day, but I'm not sure it's as relevant now as it was back then, especially when in those days we were very attractive to the early adopters / geeks of this world.
However, I'll ask the current product team and guage the reaction.
Mark
mapletree
Grafter

I'm not sure how difficult this kind of thing would be to build but I am confident it could be done without putting anyone off.  You can still offer your "standard" product range and market these prominently.  Therefore you would still attract the same kind of people as you do now. 
The bespoke options could be less obvious but still available to those who want them.  I can visualise the sign-up process as I see it where you select your monthly bandwidth and individual traffic shaping options.  You can include plenty of hints along the way and you can encourage those who are not sure to opt for a standard package and/or offer default values.  If you wish you could only offer the bespoke products to those who ask for it.
The reason why I first joined PN was that it was not "dumbed down" and hence a good ISP for "techies".  I know things have changed but I believe you can get the best of both worlds.
Spider
Grafter

Having exchange quite a few emails with Ian on the 'Chinese Menu' service idea, it would be good to actually see it available. I thought it was an excellent idea then and I still do now.